Posted: Oct 14th 2009 11:58AM Innocentte said

Sounds like they are still flailing around trying to find a game that folks will play.

The changes and comments all seem like nerfs to me.

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 12:42PM (Unverified) said

I would have to agree it does not seem that they even have a clue at WTF they are doing.

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 3:25PM (Unverified) said

I love how so many questions equate to, "We've discussed this, but no decisions have been made." WAR was supposed to be a great game and had potential in early beta. Everything went down hill once they announced the additional cities were to be cut. Shortly after the Mythic leadership floundered and whomever was "leading" there was so off course that the resources were wasted on lack-luster projects and additions.

Once again, I truly hope that Mythic plays an extremely minor role in the Bioware MMO and any future MMOs. The company has proven to be out of touch with their customer base and incapable of prioritzing changes that would have benefited the community.

Never again will I waste my time participating in a beta for Mythic. The developers in beta were so swayed by certain beta testers that anything they posted became fact and obviously the numbers were never confirmed. You can see that from release with class imbalances that persist to this day.

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 4:28PM (Unverified) said

Yah I have to agree - the Beta was simply awful.
I was also in the Euro one (GOA.. argh) and the lead beta manager there was a borderline emotional smorgasbord with zero interest in doing anything but conveying company messages from the US.

Most of us from the first intake weren't around after about a month due to our foreheads bleeding..

:S

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 6:42PM (Unverified) said

I have been testing the upcoming 1.3.2 changes on the PTS and I must say that they have taken the currently terrible game engine and so drastically improved it that it feels like a new game.

300+ players on screen without dropping below 30fps on full everything detail and no lag even though I am in Australia is crazy. And so, so much fun.

Really looking forward to when this goes live.

Posted: Oct 16th 2009 8:22AM (Unverified) said

Same here, although I'm in Canada.

For the last weeks I've had tons of fun playing WAR again. There's been more and more players signing in and coming back. I don't get most of the doom & gloom about this game, nor do I get all the accusations about WAR running slow, being jittery, etc. It WAS jittery, but it's not anymore. The game just keeps getting better!

And the stories of nobody playing? I levelled up a character into Tier 3 in just one week doing nothing but RvR skirmishes, keep battles, zone flips, etc. -- and I'm a casual player.

There used to be a time when I could not find a war band for hours at a time on any tier, aside from Last Tier player sometimes. Now I can find players on Tier 2 and 3 even around 5-7am.

All the doom & gloom makes me think the commenters aren't playing the game at all, but just sit back and look at the patch notes and go back to WoW or something.

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 6:49PM Zeeth said

Know what this damn game needs?? POLISH

a year later and it runs HORRIBLY, not just FPS wise but just, jittery animations etc.

stop adding stuff, polish the game.

Hope what Aelith said is true and it run smoother

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 1:02AM (Unverified) said

Why can't we just move on? Why can't just war die so we'll all be happy?

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 12:54AM Song7 said

I doubt it will die Digest, I just came back to WAR this weekend and I gotta say this feels like a new game the spells/actions are responsive and no lag is a HUGE step in the right direction.