Posted: Oct 14th 2009 10:31AM (Unverified) said

I'd be willing to give LotRO a try with the free trial if it didn't require a hefty 9.2 gig client download first :/

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 11:03AM Wisdomandlore said

Turbine used to have a streaming version of the free trial, where you DL a much, much smaller file first then everything downloaded in the background while you played.

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 11:11AM (Unverified) said

lotro-europe.com gave me a link to this big file *shrug*

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 11:38AM (Unverified) said

Is this welcome back weekend offer avaible to eu?

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 11:41AM (Unverified) said

I played the free trial a while back and liked the game for the most part. I was thinking of trying it again once Windows 7 releases (Directx10). I saw Mines of Moria at Target (clearance) for $5... How much is the expansion supposed to cost?

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 11:46AM agitatedandroid said

Options for Siege of Mirkwood vary but on balance SoM is 20$

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 1:14PM (Unverified) said

Lotro is also going to release a DX11 client early next year, which is why I'm holding off buying a video card for a bit.

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 4:01PM elocke said

My issue with this is, since the last free week, what has changed or been added to the game? Nothing. So what is the point of playing it now as opposed to when the next "FREE" content patch hits?

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 5:50PM (Unverified) said

I'll fire it up for another week. I only played LOTRO for a month mid-2008, there was plenty to like about it but it just didn't.. GRAB me. Not sure why. Anyway I'll give it another chance, and if it grabs me even a little bit more, it seems they're also offering the Moria expansion for $9.99 with a month's subscription included (i.e. free). Wouldn't be too hard for them to persuade me to take that offer.

Posted: Oct 14th 2009 6:02PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Meh, I let my account lapse a few months back for another game and quite frankly after taking a main and 2 alts through to level 60 there is nothing in LoTRO to make me want to go back, even for free.

I never could understand why my toons were rushed through the beautiful landscape to end up in a dark hole in the ground with nothing exciting to do.

I guess pretty graphics can only hold your interest for so long before you realise you actually need a little substance to make you want to keep your subscription going.

Posted: Oct 16th 2009 9:23AM (Unverified) said

Heres a question massively, what happens if I skipped the mines of moria, do I still need it to level to 60?

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 4:27AM (Unverified) said

So I was keen to take up this offer too, but do I have to do anything to reactivate my account? I kinda figured it would happen automatically since there were no instructions, but it's Thursday morning now and no sign of life. And it seems to be impossible to contact Turbine if you don't have an active subscription (can't post on their official forums, can't submit a support ticket).

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 5:40PM karnisov said

from the looks of it they want a credit card on file or something. since the last time I played was on the free month included with the client purchase, and you have to have a credit card on file to put in a support ticket, i just uninstalled it from my harddrive. no worth my time to jump through hurdles for a mediocre mmo.

Posted: Oct 16th 2009 4:04AM (Unverified) said

It's working now.. what fooled me is that the web view of my account still says inactive, I had to actually fire up the LOTRO client to see it working.