Posted: Oct 14th 2009 9:26PM (Unverified) said

Man I wish Champions Online would hurry and get a trial going so I can try it. It looks awesome.

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 12:52PM (Unverified) said

They already do (sort of). Anyone who got the lifetime subscription got an email with 3 keys for a 10 day trial.

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 12:29AM (Unverified) said

You can already generate one time use (Mastercard) credit/debit cards using paypal. I've used the feature a couple of times and it has worked well.

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 6:26AM Psychotic Storm said

Correct, but that is applicable only in America.

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 2:23AM Lionhearted said

This is an interesting idea. I always liked prepaid cards because A) my family has the nasty tendency to open up my mail and I never wanted to hear complaints that the $50 games I bought charged me another $15 a month. I like them, it's my damn money, STFU. B) Most of the time I've played MMOs, I haven't had a ton of discretionary income -- first being a college student, then being a just-out-of-college worker earning basically enough to pay off loans LOL... so I tend to not have a whole ton in my checking account and *hate* the fact that MMOs use rolling payments, a fact which cost me about $40 in BoA debit penalties when I over drafted twice in college (by $2 each time!) because of my EQ subscription. Plus, buying the SoE cards cost an extra buck or two in sales taxes, which the PayPal payments would avoid.

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 2:39AM kooda said

of course but do you also know that registration was down yesterday and still is?

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 8:47AM (Unverified) said

Being European and not having a credit card this is a massive + for me. I was let down a bit when i got the game and discovered the lack of payment options and had been in talks with there customer care.

Nice to see they rolled this out early on. Good job cryptic.

Posted: Oct 15th 2009 2:41PM Averice said

I'm glad to hear this. I recently heard that WoW also started accepting Paypal, and I currently use the Paypal option with Aion. I just don't have a credit card, lol checks and an atm card... but I do make a little side cash through Paypal, the perfect amount to play for any online gaming expenses.