Posted: Oct 8th 2009 2:32PM (Unverified) said

I beta tested this game when it was Atari's and called Horizons. I remember being the only person that DIDNT make a dragon.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 2:30PM elocke said

That has got to be one of the ugliest games I have ever seen. I know...it's old. But is it that difficult to maybe recode the colors and at the very least give the sky a more realistic look?

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 5:02PM Miffy said

I remember playing this game when it came out because 2003 was the most amazing year for mmorpgs with EVE, Planetside and SWG. However the game ran like complete crap on any system and I played it last year and still runs like crap on any system lol.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 8:40PM (Unverified) said

It's worth noting that the game was practically a scam. They promised player politics, underwater cities, something like 18 races and all kinds of ridiculous crap. Instead in launched with nine races, rudimentary, clunky combat, date graphics, and pretty much none of the promised features. To this day, it has not received said promised features. It was later sold to a different company who implemented an unsecure billing system and also would sometimes ignore requests to cancel accounts.

Later it was sold yet again to its current owner, a small team staffed by part-time volunteers. To their credit, they remain very dedicated to improving and expanding the game, but it really is just a shattered, twisted husk of what it should've been.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 8:41PM (Unverified) said

That is, if I have my history of this game straight. It's pretty much a textbook case of "What Not To Do If You Want To Launch And Run A Successful MMO". It does have a fairly solid crafting system, IIRC, but that's it.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 11:57PM (Unverified) said

Schwartz!

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM