Posted: Oct 7th 2009 6:14PM Myria said

Sounds suspiciously like a rehash of some of the mechanics in the Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood PvP zones in Factions.

If so, it sounds a lot more interesting then it really is.

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 6:20PM (Unverified) said

arenanet is expecting (average) guild wars players to play tactical and have a good sense of coordination.

LOL.

*cough* average players

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 3:55AM heartlessgamer said

I don't know about you, but the average player I've met in Guild Wars has a pretty good sense of how to work as a team. Sure, its not 100%, but its far better in GW than most other games.

DDO is another game I'm finding where the average player tends to be more competent in a group (mainly because the whole game is group focused).

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 7:20PM arnavdesai said

When I read that, it sounded exactly like the Jade Quarry & Aspenwood missions. Its fun but the problem is grouping with random strangers. Its extremely hard to get players to play together as a unit. People just do what they want to do & dont care much about mission objectives.

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 8:27PM (Unverified) said

I don't think players necessarily lack tactics or coordination. The problem, as always, it going to be communication. The lost player who have no idea what they're supposed to be doing, and no one tells them. Players will fulfill roles, so long as those roles are obvious and need no direction. So, the 'scouts keeping track of enemy movements' will be the strangest thing I think.
but I've never played guild wars.
But the real reason i wanted to comment was that I liked how you called the parents unruly. lol

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 12:19PM mszv said

If it works for the PvP folks, and people like it - that's great! It does seem kind of complicated for a group of loosely associated players, rather than a fully formed team - but if you GW PvPers think it will work -good.

I don't PvP in the current Guild Wars, but I'm a big, huge fan of it. Arenanet makes money because people like to PvP and that means I can do the PvE part without a subscription fee. So, anything in GW2 that gets more people to play GW2 - fine with me!