Posted: Oct 7th 2009 7:14PM (Unverified) said

This might make me try the game out.

Maybe I'm spoiled by other MMO's quest-based leveling, but I found the grind in Aion annoying.

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 8:06PM (Unverified) said

Honestly after like 2 whopping days of play im actually enjoying the return to grinding xp. The last couple games I played it had been nerfed to hell and I dont find quests all that much less monotonous than whopping stuff for fun and adventure. I would enjoy being able to do either as I want. The quests in Aion so far have been very underwhelming with the glowing exception of the storyline ones. The xp/cash reward was not even a percentage of what I got killing stuff for the quest. This is basically just a fix to allow both kinds of players the choice in how the play and I like it! :)

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 9:50PM (Unverified) said

A Captcha? Seriously?

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 10:45PM Pingles said

LOL on the captcha.

Let's keep it in-character!

"Friend, I can remove thine curse but first thou must aid me to decipher these strange cryptographs!"

"Alas, thou art correct, it says grassy 639volume"

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 5:39AM (Unverified) said

A captcha sounds reasonable, i would have preferred a music based rhythm game ^_^ but unless pigs can fly, this would do for now, and it should be quite effective against botters.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 8:49AM Lethality said

• 1 heart
It reeks of reactionary, with no forethought or planning whatsoever.

People, take this as a sign... this is how NC Soft will deal with everything... they won't bother fixing it, they'll just hobble it.

My account is already cancelled, so have fun.

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 10:20PM Rawry said

Wow. I hope that xp increase stays, because that's the key to renewing my interest in that game which died out rather quickly.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 7:06AM MrGutts said

Yeah I canceled already. They have some hardware issues to fix with the game client and they don't seem in too much of a hurry to fix it.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 9:33AM Crsh said

Well the article doesn't explicitly mention it, but the XP boost is a series of quests in the 40s (and a handful around lv38-39); you still need to get there first.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 7:25AM (Unverified) said

entering captchas in video games is fun!

This is the most poor way to combat botting -- if a bot uses an algorithm to control itself, then an algorithm can be developed to detect bots. It would be moderately challenging, but Aion's programmers don't like to be challenged I suppose.

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 1:43PM Scuffles said

Well not to mention that I'm sure the Aion developers could probably get their hands on the bots in question and rip them apart to see who they work making the job of spotting them that much easier ......

On the captcha ...... I'm sure the bots will be patched to deal with that minor inconvenience within two weeks ..... that or players complain so much its removed within two months.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 8:06AM (Unverified) said

I'm 24 now and never grinded. And I'm still overwhelmed with quests.

Of course, I didn't skip any quests, including the Krall ones that had horrible drops.

So far loving Aion. On the changes, I approve it.
I love doing quests, reading it all and getting imersed.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 8:52AM Jesspiper said

FINALLY. The xp needed major buffing.

Posted: Oct 8th 2009 10:26AM (Unverified) said

Remember these are notes for the Korean test server. There's not telling if or when they will make it to the US game.

I have to say the grind is somewhat welcome for me. It's nice to just to kick on some music and grind away for a few hours without having to run about creation for quests. The Time-to-XP ratio is just overwhelmingly in favor of grinding considering how much running you do for quests.

Personally I'd like to see them fix their hardware & client issues as well as deal with the gold spammers before worrying about anything like this.

One Shots: Mandy the Christmas Whale