Posted: Oct 6th 2009 12:46PM (Unverified) said

I love that they're already making the common mistake of pandering to the pvp minority before they have the PVE working correctly. I think they really need to rethink their priorities. PVPers are loud, thats a fact, they seem to split their time between pwning n00bs and the game forums. But to the majority of players I think its a minor, and not that important, mini game. They need to refocus on making quests and fleshing out the game so it has replayability. The power gamers are already leveled and eating up the high level content faster than a fat kid first day back from fat camp. Soon they will be bored and start rolling up alts, once they realize they have to repeat the EXACT same quests in dang near the exact same order there will be pretty hefty headcount losses.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 11:20PM Xii said

If Cryptic was as smart as ArenaNet, there wouldn't be a problem. Have skills that differ in PvE and PvP. It's that simple.

Instead, Cryptic has chosen to gut whole frameworks because they could be OP in PvP.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 5:13PM dudemanjac said

Any chance they can do both? Everyone have to work on the same aspect of the game at the same time? The pvpers (and I assume you have numbers to back up what you are sayingabout how many there are) have just as much right to a balanced game as anyone else. Their money is just as green. I have stopped doing pvp because as it is, it is barely fun for me. I don't even bother with BASH.

The fact that they have all kinds of content updates scheduled for pve and powerstes and stuff due by the end of the month says to me that they can spread a little love around to the pvper.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 2:43PM (Unverified) said

I don't love the fact that some people have the misconception that PvP is not important and that PvP'ers cause problems for the PvE'ers.

If PvP was such a minor and ignored part of the game, why is Cryptic devoting a devchat to discussing its issues? The reality is that PvP is a significant part of the game and one that many players enjoy.

In addition, the vast majority of the issues raised by PvP'ers are also issues that exist in PvE as well. If it's overpowered for PvP, it's practically guaranteed that it's overpowered for PvE. PvP'ers are usually the people who figure out the imbalances first (and abuse them).

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 12:24AM (Unverified) said

Take out travel powers from the hero games.

Balance powers.

Fix the ridiculous spam powers such as the martial arts fly kick which can be spammed and just look silly.