Posted: Oct 6th 2009 5:20PM (Unverified) said

It is starting to sound like 'grind this space to get good stuff' that's not in the interest of most 0.0 pilots who are mostly interested in PvP.

If they wanted to grind, they'd go play WoW or Aion.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 5:36PM (Unverified) said

It does seem odd to make a bunch of PvE changes to territory controlled in the most strongly PvP area in the game . . .

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 5:38PM (Unverified) said

Yup, agree, it sounds worrying, but at the same time I understand what CCP is trying to achieve...we don't want people to just buy loads of PLEXes to upgrade, they need to actually have active systems. CCP needs to manage some sort of balance.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 6:07PM Ingrod said

PvP players dominating in 0.0 is the situation now, not after Dominion.

With Dominion CCP want facilitate more "carebear" and industrial pilots presence in 0.0, PvP players must guarantee the segurity of these other players in their controled systems or create PvP/PvE corp alliances for become more rich and powerful.

I dont have the impresion That this will be "grind" that current harvesting of belts, moons, and rats bountys, only give more importance to the "no PvP only" player type in 0.0

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 6:10PM Ingrod said

Sorry, miss spell:

I dont have the impresion that this will be more "grind" that current
harvesting of belts, moons, and rats bountys, only give more
importance to the "no PvP only" player type in 0.0

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 6:24PM (Unverified) said

If nothing else it'll make the carebear and overseer alliances unite. Which means more carebears in space or 'citizen' alliances living nearer the frontline. So there is some upsides.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 6:01PM wampa stompa said

I think this is a great idea. It does not remove or alter any of the PVP, pirating, etc. It sounds like it just makes stable systems that much more useful. This will make it more viable and attractive for high sec players to spend more time in 0.0. Surely the major alliances will still control large sectors of space, only it sounds like this will allow them to get more out of the systems where they are strongest.

I've only dabbled in nullsec because I'm not that much into PVP. If this creates more stable systems where I can move to and help build infrastructure then it sounds pretty cool.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 7:11PM (Unverified) said

I have to agree that this is a good thing. Bottomline is that Carebears will still get popped if they don't watch themselves. PvP is not being discouraged or taken away. It is more of an opportunity being presented for integration.

My read is that it will still be a dominant PvP environ but there will be some requirements to get the most benefits out of being in 0.0. I like it.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 7:44PM Firebreak said

I for one would like to encourage all carebears to come out to 0.0. It is a safe warm environment that you can feel comfortable in. You are in safe here and me and my friends pose no danger. Ignore the flashing red lights.

Posted: Oct 7th 2009 12:31PM Kalex716 said

My only concern is security means one thing... being stationed on guard duty at boring gates marauders will want to purposefully avoid or overwhelm.

This isn't what a PVPer will want to do with their time. They'll just be inclined to hook up with said raider groups and do it from behind. Security in EVE is not fun. You either show up to late to help anyone, or you wait hours and hours for an invasion that never comes.