Posted: Oct 5th 2009 9:17AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Looks more like a Cheyenne class variant, maybe a Constellation (I know it seems impossibly obsessive of me, but really, there are not that many classes of ship in Star Trek) certainly not a Prometheus class. (A terribly silly ship design that Cryptic no doubt have no intention of making split in three, thus making it somewhat pointless to have ingame)

I have to say, Cryptic loss any joy or feelings of wonder for me when they started to show off their ships. They couldn't look like uglier fanboi designs if they held an open contest, to say nothing of Species 8472 in uber leet armour. (That they are in the game at all makes me feel great disdain for them.) Some are dark grey or black with very harsh or militant lines on them, not even the later ships in Star Trek went nearly so far, they look terrible. That and the phasers are now some kind of glowing yellow pistol now instead of keeping to their curved aesthetic.

To me this game is more and more seemingly like a glib exercise in making a basic diku mmog with a slight veneer of Star Trek on top of it. I do not relish the gameplay either. If you feel you can't make a Star Trek mmog with a player crew and explorable ships, fine, but please don't take the licence and make a shoddy game when somebody with hope or imagination and not the most venial avarice could be making something of it.

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 2:56PM dudemanjac said

Someone apparently missed the fact that it is decades later and a different environment then what he last saw in nemesis. Even looking at that you can see that each new iteration of the Enterprise has become darker and tougher looking.

It ain't all about seeking out strange new worlds anymore. You have to be able to boldly go and whoop some ass.

This is war!

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 5:22AM TehKlute said

Explorable ships would be neat, like getting a quest to find the spy on your own ship would or just walking around.

But please give up on player crews, its a terrible idea and I'm certain the devs came to the same conclusion. For every fun moment of a fully manned vehicle in battlefield, there are 20 where some moron is the driver and keeps getting stuck on things, or worse. What happens if you join a ship who's captain put max points into the 'ramming speed' talent. Or the targeting guy goes afk =/

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 10:25AM Vladeon said

Looks like hugh didn't have his Wheaties this morning.

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 10:36AM (Unverified) said

Can't Wait!

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 10:49AM TheJackman said

I love the borgs they how ever did become a lot weaker in the last two star trek series... Enterprise was a joke! I hope they are back on full strength here!

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 11:28AM Pingles said

I am excited about this game. Still determined to wait several weeks after launch before jumping in but still excited.

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 12:19PM Crsh said

Is it possible to roll as Borg or is it strictly an enemy NPC faction?

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 12:50PM (Unverified) said

Is it me or is picture 6 of 48 not of a Prometheus class Federation ship fighting a Klingon warbird that is hiding near two giant space going boobs?

I was prepared to write this game off, but the more I see of it the more impressed I am. The screenshots are incredible, and faced with the chance to play a Prometheus-class starship means I'll probably give this is a shot.

I had no idea the galaxy was such an asteroid-intensive place. Look at all the space screenshots. Practically every one has asteroids floating around. I understand that they add something to what would otherwise be empty space, but man, they could stand to ease back on those. They might want to put in more space going boobs instead.

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 7:15PM (Unverified) said

I didn't think I would live long enough to see a Star Trek mmorpg but there it is, and it looks shaweet too.

I am thinking this one got me for a lifetime sub.

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 8:17PM (Unverified) said

The ship in Pic 6 of 48 I believe is more along the lines of a Nova Class Starship from Voyager and the supposed Prometheus class Massively believes it to be is most definately not or even a variant of one, that starship is definately a Constellation/Cheyenne Class variant, most likely the Stargazer class which was added to the Ships of the line list on the STO website.

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 8:59PM (Unverified) said

The aft shot (pic 3) is not a Prometheus, but an updated Constellation class ship.

Swordsman launches today