Posted: Oct 5th 2009 9:00PM Ripper McGee said

I certainly won't mind contributing to Love's development, even if it never actually goes live. It's a worthwhile effort on Eskil's part and a nominal expense to me. I'll probably end up paying and downloading sometime this week.

That being said, it's not really a donation if you're required to pay in order to play ("In order to access the Alpha you will need to donate 3 Euros"). Yes, the money is going towards hosting and I'm ok with that, but call it what it is - a paid alpha. You get the privilege of testing something potentially groundbreaking, but you have to invest money (however minor an amount) in order to do so. Think of it as being one of many contributing patrons for an upcoming young artist.

~Ripper

Posted: Oct 5th 2009 9:56PM kiaria said

Looks like a genuinely interesting, unique and worthwhile project. I'd happily part with the spare change it costs to help Alpha test it.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 4:01AM Purkit said

This is a seriously impressive piece of work, I'll be happy to pay the small amount to see how this projects going and help out in my small way.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 5:19AM (Unverified) said

Yeah, I'm there.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 5:37AM (Unverified) said

I'm definitely going to pay for this alpha, heck if he opens up public donations I'll toss him some extra dollars too. What this man is trying to achieve is pretty bold and crazy but at least he's seems to be succeeding little by little. I'm really sick of today's big name MMORPGs and if supporting him now starts a new gaming revolution years down the road, then why not?

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 6:02AM (Unverified) said

Interesting project, but his website needs a lot of work - I hope it's not an indication of the quality of the game. Also if he wants to save some server bandwidth he should convert all those png screenshots to jpg.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 6:20AM gemski said

That would make the screenshots looks worse...

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 6:53AM (Unverified) said

The web link massively provides seems no longer link to the correct main page.

try: http://www.quelsolaar.com/
or: http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/index.html

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 7:24AM (Unverified) said

Not really, you could halve the file size of those png's without noticeable compression artifacts.

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM