Posted: Oct 3rd 2009 5:37PM (Unverified) said

Looked forward to this game, due to the universe it is set in. But unfortunately it seems to be more vapourware due to lack of any concrete information. Bad news all around.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2009 5:50PM (Unverified) said

There is loads of information about the game and many videos demonstrating what has been said. What is not clear is if they still have the money to finish it. For my tastes it seemed to focus too much on it's combat system (If it is not twitch-based, it is not worth making the game revolve around it for me.) which seemed rather dull. Just because they aren't posting much on their news section, does not imply they do not post in their forums.
I would also like to quantify that I am not much interesting in this game due to it's tedious and seemingly all-consuming 'combat' mechanisms, (I am interested because I could yet be proven incorrect in my judgements and that I did follow it for a good two years with interest before.) if it launches or not does not make much difference to me, I just disdain this 'common sense' mantra when discussion things. Over-simplification is rarely good.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2009 6:09PM MrGutts said

Didn't MGM announce that they are bankrupt this past week?

Posted: Oct 3rd 2009 7:29PM eyeball2452 said

I played the alpha. The game was in poor shape when I saw it before CME ran out of money. You can google some very good blogs from a couple of the designers about the situation.

I wouldn't hold out hope either. There's no way that SGW could compete with The Old Republic, so I can't imagine anyone investing in the project going forward.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2009 11:00PM (Unverified) said

Will the Brand get picked up again if it doesnt get made? like STO. I am greatly interested in a game set in the stargate universe and i would hate if the one that went out there to represent this show turned out to be a disaster

Posted: Oct 4th 2009 7:41AM (Unverified) said

The game aside, did anyone else thing the show was pretty awesome?

Posted: Oct 4th 2009 7:42AM (Unverified) said

think*

Posted: Oct 4th 2009 12:12PM (Unverified) said

Loved SG1, watched the first few seasons on tv when when I was younger, finally sat down and recently watched full series on DVD and it's great.

Atlantis I didn't too much care for at first, but once it ended again I watched thru all the eps and it is as well quite decent, but the move into more classic star trekish sci fi territory never felt quite right with the Star Gate Franchise.

I liked the SG-Universe pilot, the move to focus on the characters I think is ideal, but I hope they still keep plots that will streach across multiple episodes, from reading up on the series they say that is something they want to move abit away from, hopefully not to much.

It's just the setting, on a space ship, it's still something that will take getting used to. Considering Star Gate was about using ya know, star GATES to travel around, and not star SHIPS. To see them reduced to nothing more than local transporters is sorta strange.

See how it plays out, the characters in SGU at least so far I find alot more interesting than Atlantis.

Posted: Oct 4th 2009 10:41PM (Unverified) said

I've already started calling it "Stargate Galactica".

Yet to decide if I like it. The 2-parter was more the first half of a pilot episode. We....

rot13 for spoilers...

Jr fgvyy qba'g xabj vs gurer'f tbvat gb or n erpheevat rarzl yvxr gur tbn'hyq be jenvgu, be tb gur OFT ebhgr naq whfg unir enaqbz zrzoref bs gur perj orvat "rivy".

Ubcvat sbe gur sbezre.