Posted: Oct 1st 2009 10:12AM Aganazer said

It sounds great so far, but we don't have any real details about what exactly will be included in the event. I think for a lot of people this is the content that will make or break their loyalty to the game. If Cryptic can prove that they are able to put out regular quality content then I can see the game having some descent staying power. If not then it will be a flash in the pan.

BTW, the new content added in yesterdays patch are repeatable daily. Each of the three instances has three missions, so nine total. Not bad for something they whipped up in a couple weeks while simultaneously working on the Blood Moon content.

Posted: Oct 1st 2009 10:52AM (Unverified) said

I smell new costume pieces... Witches hats for everyone... Woot!

Posted: Oct 1st 2009 11:08AM Duulin said

I've been struggling with whether or not I should buy this game. I've played pretty much every major MMO in the last 7 years but have yet to pick this one up. Do you guys think the game is worth picking up?

Posted: Oct 1st 2009 11:30AM (Unverified) said

I'm as big a fan of this game as can be. If you enjoy superheroes and maybe a touch of camp (as I do), you'll probably love the heck out of this game.

That said, if superheroes just aren't your thing or a $50 impulse purchase is a pinch to you, it might be worth waiting another month or two or for a price break. The content IS a bit light at the moment and the community is still trying to find its ground. I have little doubt these things won't come around in time, it's just a matter of patience while these develop. Personally I've put my money where my mouth is and have paid for 3 months in advance and have not regretted that choice yet.

I will say, nothing in an MMO to date beats the pure joy of trowing stagecoaches at robot cowboys. NOTHING!

Posted: Oct 1st 2009 12:07PM Ayenn said

I have to largely agree with jim. Though light on content, which I( can excuse due to COs emulation of the comic genera (what comic book is really heavy with content excepting a few master-works), The game is a serious blast! the cultural "hat tips" are hilarious. A little time will allow this title to mature. The direction of development post launch looks favorable thus far. i have to say that i am really enjoying being "in system" for COs evolution. It is nice to see forward development rather than lateral restructuring for a change.

I am not a proponent of linear character progression. this is something that still needs to change in the MMORPG development paradigm. However, in CO it works. This is because of the mix and match style of ability acquisition. Something I really like in Cryptic's design is the fact that there are no really apperant systems to prevent a player from seriously mess up a build. There is no hand holding and little forgiveness.

And, yes, robo-cowboys and stage coaches (that one can pick up and throw with a high enough strength... throwing stagecoaches as robo-cowboys!) are a serious plus! West World meets Bladerunner, what a combo!

If you do decide to pick it up realize you are not really entering a Tolkienesque world, You are opening the pages of a decent graphic novel that has a really good rereadability. Expecting any more than that will only set you up for disappointment.

Posted: Oct 1st 2009 11:09AM Vitamin Dei said

I'm wicked excited for this event, and not only because of the new power set. I do have some misgivings about lair/'raid" content in CO, though. As a lifetime subscription holder I haven't felt any need to race through the content, so my main is about level 30. Last night some guildies and I went through Teleios' Tower... and dear god, what a tremendous pain in my meta-human hiney. After all was said and done, the brain was taken down, many hero points were lost to repeated deaths, and the general consensus was "That was not fun.".

I'm hoping that the Blood Moon content manages to be accessible to a wide range of character levels while not being the punishing punishing zerg-a-thon that I experienced last night.

Still having a blast, though!

Posted: Oct 1st 2009 2:38PM (Unverified) said

I'm really excited about it -- Halloween events are always my favorite :)