Posted: Sep 29th 2009 10:31AM Miffy said

• 1 heart
I hate all this cause people like me who like to compete a game to 100% or whatever will never be able to get all these items because otherwise we'd have to spend loads on all these extras. It's like in SWG when they released a Digital download and retail version with different bonuses and it's like oh FFS. You get it in WoW too where if you go to Blizzcon or something you get bonus pets. All it does is makes items in the game meaningless and just becomes a big bloated mess of promotional stuff. Just makes me quit the game because if theres like an achievement I can't get or a pet I can't get because i can't afford to go to Blizzcon then I just think "whats the point?".

Thats why I loved the old days better because everything in the game you could get in the game and now all they do is try to milk everyone.

I thought oh yeah Fallen Earth are developers for the old timers and all they did is the same thing with all these stupid promotional items and Champions Online you have to buy several copies of the game to get everything.

If you do that for your game it just puts me off.

Posted: Sep 29th 2009 12:49PM (Unverified) said

Good grief, want some whine with that?

It's called capitalism, chief. Cross-promotion to get people to buy the Blu-Ray so they can get cool stuff with the game. If something like this actually and honestly puts you off, STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Seriously, getting pissed about something like this is pathetic. you just looking for attention or something.

Posted: Sep 29th 2009 10:54AM Renko said

Is that the remastered version with new special effects?

Posted: Sep 29th 2009 11:46AM (Unverified) said

All BR seasons of Star Trek, The Original Show comes with the option to view with or without the new special effects (you can actually change on the fly to check the difference which is quite cool)

Posted: Sep 29th 2009 12:56PM CCon99 said

I hate promotions like these, where they offer in game items you'll never be able to get as rewards to another product or attending a convention on the other side of the world. Even if the item is purely cosmetic, it just makes the game come off as really really desperate.

That's not to knock the Star Trek Blu-Ray sets, they are truly awesome and one of the reasons to buy into the format. The Star Trek sets should be the staple of how to remaster a movie/series into the HD format (and I'm not just talking about the new CGI effects which are a nice bonus, the real payoff is how clean the live action looks).

Posted: Sep 29th 2009 4:05PM Myria said

Star Trek: The Marketing Generation?

Not that I'm complaining of surprised, it's been clear that the Feringi were in charge of the Trek universe for quite some time now.

Doesn't leave much room for hope where the game is concerned, though.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014