Posted: Sep 25th 2009 7:25PM (Unverified) said

For a F2P game, Runes of Magic is surprisingly inventive. The game feels too much like unpolished WoW for me, but kudos to the devs for trying something new in MMO-land.

Posted: Sep 25th 2009 8:31PM DevilSei said

They do have the advantage of being F2P though, if they tick 30% of their playerbase for some reason in the US for instance, that doesn't automatically mean they lost 30% of the money they are paid in the US. For all you know, that 30% didn't pay anything at all. So they have the leeway to really try some different things.

Besides, for the same advantage, they can also ignore all the whiny trolls who hate it, because they don't have the "I pay for my time" excuse to throw in everyone's faces all the time.

Posted: Sep 28th 2009 7:37PM (Unverified) said

What MMOs developers need to learn is to know when to listen to their customers and when to stop.

I hate it how pretty much every MMO out right now is making the content easier to keep players playing it.
MMOs were the opposite of an easy game back in the day.... but now even a 6 year old can play it and own people.

Posted: Sep 25th 2009 8:42PM mitchgant said

I would not say Tower Defense in a F2P is actually anything special, as it was one of the central mini-games in Free Realms. It does sound like they have made Tower Defense into a much more 1st person, participartory experience, which sounds quite innovative.

From what I have been reading on this site it sounds like Runes of Magic is EXTREMELY different from Free Realms. I may have to give it try.

Posted: Sep 25th 2009 8:42PM (Unverified) said

Tubine did this in AC about 9 months ago? Havn't tried it yet though. The PVP thing is good though.

Posted: Sep 25th 2009 11:48PM Graill440 said

So this is "full size" TD against players? In a full pvp environment? If so, very inventive.