Posted: Sep 24th 2009 4:27PM Meagen said

I have little interest in Aion anymore, but... this is kind of epic.

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 4:44PM postman said

that is truly awesome lol

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 5:03PM Snow Leopard said

I love ideas like this. If I worked out for one tenth the time I spend during the day playing wow I would be jacked as hell lol.

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 7:29PM MewmewGrrl said

A treadmill hooked up to an MMO, ironic?

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 8:35PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

I can see a few of the more... how can I say this... rotund... porky... chubby... meaty.... obese MMO player geeks actually doing this and being found dead a few weeks later from the exertion.

OMG who will lead the raid now!?

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 9:32PM hundred said

i really like that its not just a blatant ad to sell their energy drink. they direct you to the site, but the video is more about just being fun and nerdy. so i give them a lot of cred for that

Posted: Sep 25th 2009 3:23PM esarphie said

I've always wanted a combo mmo exercise machine kludge. Short of being able to pay $18,000 for a controller and have the physical space for something like http://www.virtusphere.com, this goofy mock-up is the best I've seen.

Personally, I wish they'd make the iFit system, which many home machines use to sync exercise routines with audio and video workouts, into a two-way system. Currently, it simply takes cues from a secondary audio track and uses them to set resistance, or whatever else your treadmill/ellipse/rower might have available. If only it could send out cues in return you could use it as a free roaming controller for games either through a pc or console.

I've always thought the best workout in the world would come from a "chase" game, where you simply have to run/ride/ski/whatever away from horrible things you choose: packs of wolves, homicidal bikers, James Bond-style goons, even tidal waves.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM