Posted: Sep 24th 2009 1:52PM Mr Angry said

no EQ2 players here?

EQ2 is one of the most purple games I've ever seen, it's all over the place!

Mr Angry used to love EQ2, but I dunno now, the updates seemed to lack that extra depth and complexity I used to like about EQ2, maybe to do with the perceived competition with another game out there, and as a result, I lost interest! I don't know if there is anything here that is going to pull me back in.

Also I got to say this one of the worst badstaches I've ever seen in a MMO. The toothpaste dark elf mustache looks awful! Anyone show a worse MMO mustache (clue there is a really bad one in Aion too!)

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 2:41PM Evy said

I'm in the same boat as you, Mr. Angry. I keep waiting for EQ2 to put out something invigorating to renew my interest. I -want- to like the game again. Maybe I'm just bored and in need of something completely new. I'm getting kind of sick of fantasy games in general. Right now I'm hoping World of Darkness and The Secret World will offer something new. Sadly, they're a bit far off...

And yes, that mustache was horrible. *shudder*

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 9:17PM Tom in VA said

The mustache reminded me of the "Got Milk" ads. Or maybe it was a caterpillar? ;)

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 3:30PM (Unverified) said

Hey Hey

After 2+ years i just canceled my account to EQ2, while it is a great game , i just have the feeling that the devs have no direction , and no real idea on what they want to do. There are a few things about this patch that look interesting but i will no re-sub unless they make it more of a group game , and less of a solo grind to cap and then grind instances game

-Rev

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 9:06PM TheJackman said

Time for everquest 3 they need make a new start and really update there grapics and storyline!

Posted: Sep 25th 2009 7:44PM (Unverified) said

From the start I feel that what was missing from EQ2 was great story telling. Why was nothing ever done with the obvious tension between Qeynos and Freeport. Here you have two societies run along completely different lines and perfect for some dramatic storylines.

Sure, they added in some sabotage quests in but they were pathetic. Why no proper raids into enemy territory or, if you prefer, use of third parties in a Cold War scenario?

Being PvE limits to a certain extent what you can do with this, but there is no excuse for ignoring it altogether and instead just going down the same route as EQ1 and adding new areas with each expansion.

They took the easy way out and I have no respect for that.

Posted: Sep 30th 2009 9:25PM (Unverified) said

Ummmm there are PVP servers...

WoW Archivist: Epics