Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 9:21PM (Unverified) said

GA is, to me, second only to Fornost in the most evil instances ever created. I hate GA and I'm sorry you must experience it too.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 2:17PM Sonoran said

Great writeup Shawn! That was a lot of fun. The challenging ones are the best.

Baruk Kazad! Next time we summon more Oathbreakers!

=irked=

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 3:17PM (Unverified) said

Ugh, why do you have to remind me of GA. I could only see red for a week after doing my quests and the dungeon there.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 5:02PM Tanek said

Defeat is always difficult, but after playing through about 30 levels with ease, it was good to stretch a bit and learn and learn more about my abilities.

I certainly plan to have a rematch with Grimbark and work through the remainder of GA at some point before it is reworked. That said, after reading the dev diary on the redesign I'm also looking forward to my first visit after that is complete.

As I think I mentioned before, GA seems to be skipped over quite a bit, so tuning it for smaller fellowships should be a good move. As the expansions keep coming and content is added at (or above) the current level cap, I hope things like this still retain some of the challenge and all of the awe that we were able to experience coming through when it was new. Unlike some other games, this is truly a living book and players just starting out should not feel they are missing out on anything when they slow down to enjoy the opening chapters rather than skimming to the end.

Thank you again for the in-game adventures and the resulting articles.

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 7:23AM (Unverified) said

I want you to know that your stories about this game have moved me to try LOTRO for the first time. Ive been playing for a couple weeks now and its very enjoyable.

I am a veteran of many MMOs and still play wow. LOTRO has a certain charm i just cant put my finger on as to why its so fun to play. even if 80% of the time i don't know what i am doing or where i am going, i am having fun doing it.

The only thing that would make my experience even better was if there were some quest helper mod like there is in WOW. Ive been reading all the quest text because its very well written and an interesting story but many times the built in quest tracker offers no real help and the quest text isn't very specific.

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 1:58PM Tanek said

First off, welcome to Middle-earth. :) I'm glad you have been having fun playing.

I am not too familiar with WoW's quest helper mod, so I don't know exactly what kind of information it gives you. The one recently added to LotRO, though, will generally show (on the big zone map) the area where you'll need to be to complete each quest currently in your tracker (5 can be tracked at a time).

It can also show an arrow on the mini-map (radar) pointing to either the nearest quest area for the tracked quests, or the area for a quest you set (right-click the ring icon in the tracker and select 'set as quest guide focus').

If neither of those give the information you need, my next suggestion is the Advice channel. More often than not you'll find many other players in the zone who have completed the quest and can offer some help.

Good luck!

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 6:45PM (Unverified) said

Sorry you guys had trouble. I couldn't make it, so I'd be up for a retry. ;-) I've got some catching up to do though.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM