Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 11:49AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
As good as the game is, there are two reasons I didn't buy it.

1. No current or future plans for Gamepad support
2. No option to become a lifetime subscriber (hate monthly fees)

These may not be important to others, but as much as I wanted to play FE the above are major deal breakers to me.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 1:56PM Kane Hart said

I can see number 2 being a personal issue and I accept that. But the no gamepad support is a real lame thing. I mean its a PC mmorpg not a console game heh.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 12:46PM (Unverified) said

I'm really tempted to buy the game.
Either this, or try Aion.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 1:56PM Kane Hart said

I played both and went to Fallen Earth in the end. Fallen Earth is something new and clean and fun and more challenging. Aion feels to much like a lot of games you know EQ2 Vanguard WoW it's just all feeling the same thing...

Here Fallen Earth your in for a new feeling and style.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 1:38PM (Unverified) said

I really loved the beta of this game. It really reminded me of the open feel of SWG. I don't know why I am so on the fence when it comes to deciding whether or not to take the leap and buy the game. I think it might be the combat system. I am speaking entirely from my beta experience. The tutorial was great i loved how the combat felt there. Once out of the tutorial however it felt like i couldn't hit anything and the guns all had weird limitations like the xbow had really long reload time and the air pistols did almost no damage when they hit something which wasn't very often. I understand you goto start somewhere but it felt like they were forcing you into melee combat.

I like the game though... grr i wish i knew why i was so hesitant to dive into this one.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 1:56PM Kane Hart said

Your worried they may stop updating or patching and such and I also felt the same way. But since I started the head start there has been many updates.

Check out today's:

The game has real devs fixing things every day and does great patches. Not like some games that take a month + for just a small fix.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 7:14PM (Unverified) said

Is this game any good?

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 12:02AM (Unverified) said

I noticed this game pop up on steam tonight, and haven't heard anything about it until now. I have to say, first off, what the hell is this? It's a blatant rip-off of Fallout 3 with horrible graphics. They even have things that look like super-mutants and call points, AP. They even call the gang members Raiders, just like in Fallout 3. How are they even allowed to make this complete knockoff legally?

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 4:40AM thecipher said

The post-apocalyptic genre does NOT begin and end with Fallout 3 - it's been around for quite a while, in movies, games and litterature.

The Fallout games went with a retro-future style, where everything was styled and themed after a 50's cold war theme, with a graphics style to match. Also, everything was nuked to hell, with that being the apocalyptic event that defined Fallout.

In Fallen Earth, the main apocalyptic event was a virus that destroyed most of the earth's population, and rather than go with a 50's-future graphics style, the developers went with more of a present-day theme. Buildings are more decayed and run down than they are ravaged by nukes (as you see in Fallout). The graphics style is quite different, and with proper tweaking, you can make things look quite nice.

Also, it should probably be worth noting that FE has been in development for 8 years - So they actually started their project way before Fallout 3.

Posted: Sep 27th 2009 1:50AM Anticrawl said

This is an old post I know, but "Fallout 3" is not Fallout. It is Oblivion-with-guns right down to copy-pasted dungeons and the identical pre-get-to-know-the-game-bullshit. The only thing it shares with Fallout 1, 2 and the spinoff by some other dev are the names of objects, enemies and the setting. They did a horrible job of capturing the game's spirit in 3D and there was only one instance of the dark/crude humor that made Fallout so charming in the story (the cannibal mission). The game was terrible (as Fallout) but pretty good as an Oblivion mod.

I guess I'll wait another 10 years for a real Fallout 3 (along with Duke Nukem Forever lolwut).

Posted: Sep 29th 2009 11:16AM (Unverified) said

This game has been in production before fallout 3 was even a thought.
The game itself is quite fun. Sure it has some bugs and the graphics a bit behind, but it's been getting better and better since alpha and the devs listen to the players. I think once everything is worked out it'll be one of the best mmos out there, give it time.

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story