Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 12:12PM (Unverified) said

This game is totally sweet. If you can't stand your games with an old school flair, running at 800x600, then ignore it. Otherwise, this will be one of the best gigabytes of data you've ever downloaded. It's like Streets of Rage Fighter 2 Turbo Super on crack, and it's definitely addictive.

Between this and DDO, I don't play anything else. It's that simple. If you hook up a gamepad (even Walmart has ps2/xbox/gc controller adapters for $10) and play, you will have a ridiculously great time. The cash shop in other versions of the game has been very good about not imbalancing the game, and it is one of the very few free to play MMOs where a free player can PvP a cash shop player and have a chance. Hopefully, Nexon doesn't screw it all up for the US market.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 12:21PM Slob Zombie said

I'll definitely give it a try once the site maintenance is done (can't seem to download right now).

Can anyone confirm that gamepads are integrated into the game? It's really a necessity for me in this kind of MMO, and it killed Dragonica for me. There's no native support for gamepads in that game and their anti-cheat software blocks the use of Xpadder. It's too bad, because the game seems really fun.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 12:30PM (Unverified) said

Gamepads are integrated, but only insofar as that the joypad motions and buttons register to be bound to keys. This works well, however on my particular gamepad (PS2 through converter), the d-pad shows up as the POV hat, which the game doesn't recognize (it did recognize the analog stick, however, and all the other buttons). Fortunately, for me and anyone else with the same situation, Xpadder does work, and is not blocked by the anti-cheat.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 12:38PM Slob Zombie said

That's everything I needed to hear. Thanks sgamer!

I really wish Dragonica would do something about it. It's such a shame to miss a fun game over a hurdle as small as control setup.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 12:36PM (Unverified) said

This is quickly becoming my favorite online game. It's basically a more polished D&D Shadows Over Mystara, with online co-op, equipment, a skill system, and quests.

When you pull off an aerial combo and finish with an overkill on a group of 6 goblins, you'll start to wonder why you ever suffered through hundreds of hours of auto-attack in other games. The gameplay proves just how much more satisfying old school 2.5D hack and slash is than the 3D crap that's been pushed on gamers for the last decade.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 7:35PM scott1646 said

I've been waiting for games like this to come back on the market in a big way and so far this game is just what I've been waiting for.

For over a week now this game has been pretty solid, now I just need to find a good keyboard mapping tool for my xbox 360 controller.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 9:40PM wjowski said

Guardian Heroes Online?

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 1:51PM (Unverified) said

Anyone have trouble downloading this? I've tried it at different times, with the downloader and fashioned manual, and i just get 403 - Forbidden page when i click either.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 2:32AM (Unverified) said

I really enjoy this game even if its not completely perfect. If they ported this to xbox live and ps3 with hd graphics they would be so big. The combat is very refreshing that is for sure.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 3:26AM Lionhearted said

I've tried to play this for a few days now. Downloaded the game and got into it then it booted me off trying to get in the server. Checked the boards and I wasn't anywhere near unique. My favorite games ever all come from the 90s and this, to me, is something I'd love to try. Alas, still not working (though, the past few times I've tried to play, it said the servers were down as they were doing maintenance). I think I'm just going to wait another week or so before I try to log on again.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 6:31AM MewmewGrrl said

You know how one of the good things about WoW is that it has mostly very smooth responsive controls? That's one of the great things about this too really. I've played two clones of this game and neither run this well. This game runs so very smooth and reacts instantly to your input. The skills are all well integrated too. Another thing is that it's so very different than other games out there. While games like Aion that just came out are good games, it just feels like playing an upgraded version of World of Warcraft. This game here is a totally different and new experience for an MMO plus it's great fun on top of it all.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 7:19AM (Unverified) said

Doesn't work from Europe :(

Posted: Sep 23rd 2009 7:49AM (Unverified) said

Is this game playable aside from US region & Canada?

I think should have another title for this.

For US & Canada residents only.

Perfect Ten: Strategies for juggling multiple MMOs