Posted: Sep 20th 2009 6:55PM (Unverified) said

I love the articles about EVE at massively. I'm a relatively new to the game but this stuff can be useful and at least inspiring and interesting to a player of my level.

P.S. Eve is the SH1T!

Posted: Sep 20th 2009 7:50PM (Unverified) said

I enjoy reading about EVE more than I do playing EVE. The game sounds great and the stories within the player run universe is are great but the game itself to play isn't that great.

I'd personally like Massively to some war stories about EVE. Tell us about some of the large alliances and their large fights for territory and superiority. I'd enjoy reading that as I have enjoyed reading most EVE posts related to what is actually going on inside the game with players such as the CEO of an EVE Bank leaving with a ton of cash.

Posted: Sep 20th 2009 8:36PM Brendan Drain said

I'd enjoy writing war reports as much as you would enjoy reading them. I used to do them all the time for my corp when we were in faction warfare. I did one on what my alliance had been doing in wormhole space during one week in a column post entitled "Just another week in the Sleeper's den" and I put in a little about our activities into the "Wormhole piracy 101" guide. But since I'm not in a big alliance in 0.0, I can't really write battle reports on their weekly activities.

Posted: Sep 20th 2009 8:50PM (Unverified) said

If you're looking for more battle reports, check out http://www.battledb.com/
They have more than enough to satiate anybody! On topic, great summarisation article.

Posted: Sep 20th 2009 10:44PM Darkdust said

We saw some clarification that the 12 hours is actually 24, so I don't think it's nearly as open to TZ abuse as the current system.

Posted: Sep 20th 2009 11:16PM Brendan Drain said

Good to know! That does give the defender 24h to respond to its presence but it means the attackers also have to have fleets online for 24h to defend their disruptors. However, this system is still open to timezone abuse since if you know what timezone your enemy is in, you can just attack it during their offpeak time.

I don't think that's a problem though since the attackers get to choose when they want to attack. The pressure is on them to organise their fleets over their 24h attack so that they have people on during all timezones. This means the attackers will likely be organised in shifts with some ready during their offpeak times while defenders can group up and strike when they like with their entire force. It's a system that's biased toward the defender and I like that as it may promote smaller alliances trying to claim a single system or two for themselves.

Posted: Sep 21st 2009 4:29AM (Unverified) said

A lovely and well written article as always. I've been following this feed for quite some time and and finally gotten round to actually share my opinion in comments.

I'm very much looking forward to the changes being made in Dominion, as they, i believe, will prove innovative and entertainingly refreshing. I think, however, that CCP has to be very careful with what they're doing. They might easily throw over the balance or usability of 0.0 space, making it "uninhabtiable" overall - although that margin is slim.

Another thing that reflects baldy upon Dominion it it's actual lack of new content. WIth the previous expansion pack, Apocrypha, we have seen a marvellous beauty of content rich space to explore and exploit. What new CONTENT is going to come with Dominion? Even if we get 'tools' to make our 0.0 belt spawns richer, that only expands upon already existing content. The capital changes, too, are easy to achieve. Only new content here would be the bomber-fighters (which im very much looking forward to, too).

Overall, I'm still very much looking forward to Dominion and the new content it brings, even if that content might be a bit slim in comparison to Apocrypha.

Posted: Sep 21st 2009 5:05AM nevin said

I'm with Jam in that I prefer reading Brendan's articles on Eve than actually playing it!

Posted: Sep 22nd 2009 6:39AM (Unverified) said

First time I've read your series Brendan, great stuff. Very informative. Enjoyed it.

Posted: Sep 21st 2009 10:28AM Brendan Drain said

Thanks for the positive feedback! I really enjoy writing the column every week and I'm glad people enjoy reading it :D

Posted: Sep 21st 2009 4:46PM (Unverified) said

"... encourage smaller political entities to claim 0.0 systems of their own. In that respect, I think it will succeed. But unless the sovereignty system makes it harder to push small entities out of their space, mega-alliances may still dominate the 0.0 landscape just because they can."

I agree, this could be an epic change to 0.0 or a epic fail if all it does it make more "pets" out of the little guys who try to claim a little space.

One of the changes discussed is a formal way to rent out space. The mega-alliances could just turn into land-lords, 1bil ISK per week for this system.

Posted: Sep 28th 2009 1:52PM (Unverified) said

Great article. My only disagreement is (its a minor one) that Blizzard are not going back and doing a real redesign of their early content. From what I have read it seems to be limited to mostly a graphical update which is way overdue. Blizzard kind of had to do this since their endgame is so pointless most of their players just re-roll and play the early stuff over and over again.

As for EvE, I'm really looking forward to these changes. I agree its not necessarily a slam dunk but there is some real potential here to break up the massive powerblocs and allow smaller organizations to grow in 0.0.

Posted: Nov 8th 2009 12:48PM (Unverified) said

I will finally be able to get back into the game full scale!

Too many times have I joined corps that say they want more but do not produce anything. Every one soloes and no one joins in.

Now, we have the chance to actually team up and get together and raid, hunt, and enforce / defend our will!

MEANING! We can finally move into space, get into battle and not BLOB to win. The possibility of what this means might make eve as exciting as when I started in '03! Can't wait!