Posted: Sep 17th 2009 7:02PM esarphie said

I suppose it's only a matter of time now... I mean, you don't double down on a pair of twos.

Crime Craft has the unique distinction of being a supposed MMO that is less engaging, smaller, and less polished than most amateur-created half-life mods.

When are the developers seeking to create the elusive FPS-MMO going to realize that your product can't be mediocre, instanced, shooter arenas connected by a walk-around lobby? You've got to either be a better shooter than the multi-player shooter games, or have a huge capacity for player on player matches... significantly larger than the steady stream of console and pc fps games available. I mean, what's the point of gaming with thousands of people, if the only place you actually play is 12 on 12 or less?

Posted: Sep 21st 2009 7:43PM (Unverified) said

What do you mean less engaging then Half-Life mods? I've played a crap load of Half-Life and Source mods, and this game is much more engaging then almost all of them.

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 7:07PM (Unverified) said

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED, to hear this. Who WOULDN'T want to pay to play a third-person version of what boils down to Quake, when they can just play Quake for free?

(PS, that was sarcasm.)

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 9:00PM (Unverified) said

Shocking news. This is what happens when a subpar game with a bad name tries to sell boxed copies and charge a monthly fee. You get a huge failure.

This game should have been free to play, or small download fee, with RMT and no subscription. Then it might of had a chance to make some money. As is, I'll be suprised if it lasts a year, if even to the end of this year.

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 10:57PM (Unverified) said

FYI: The Jersey office houses like 5 people. The other 100 people lost their jobs -- not explanation, no severance, no pay. The press release is pure B.S. and Vogster should be ashamed of glossing over the mass firing that took place.

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 7:18AM (Unverified) said

In the words of a very confused world of warcraft warrior:

"Need more (exposure)."
"Not enough (exposure)."

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 11:04AM (Unverified) said

What I wonder is, in this post-DDO world, HOW can anyone justify paying $40 (Down from $50) for what is in essence a free to play simple FPS dressed up in an MMO's clothes?

Gunz the Duel offers more gameplay and content, and it's completely free.

Crimecraft boggles my mind...who exactly was stupid enough to buy it?

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 3:30PM (Unverified) said

First, it is very unfortunate that this sort of thing happens. Second, I expect no less then garbage and drivel from obvious WoW fans who are more then happy to pop mom and dads credit cards for the newest $50 expansion to a game that has been rehashed so many times its ridiculous. Yes I played WoW, and yes, it is a repetitive grind fest with a player base that seems more like a bunch of kids bickering in a playground over who has the coolest lunchbox then a game that a mature thinker who likes action, strategy and depth to a game. I like action, strategy, and depth, and Crime Craft has it all.

I would also like to note, that unlike Wow, Crime Craft is a community driven game! This is why when offered a trip to San Fran to represent the Crime Craft Player Base and our community, I immediately gave the trip to our most active and loyal Simply Effin Astounding Gang Member OGHaze, and took it upon myself to hit the community and get as many questions and ideas for the game from them as possible before Haze gets to sit down with peeps from Vogster, Team Crime Craft and the Sponsors for a serious question and answer session, and an ample run on an undisclosed number of machines through the new content that is to be released to the public in October.

If you want your chance to ask Vogster, Team Crime Craft, or the Sponsers a question and shoot them an idea, head on over to our site, and check out the thread OGHaze heads to San Fran.

Haze will be heading in around the 29th so cutoff for your questions and suggestions is the 28th, and keep in mind that flaming, spamming, rudeness, trolling and all useless drivel WILL BE DELETED!

There is a community that is faithful to Vogster and Team Crime Craft, and truthfully, we are getting kind of sick of you people who have nothing good to say about this game, and in most cases, have not even played the game, or stuck around long enough to see one update! We will be glad when the last of you are gone and thr true Crime Craft community begins to shine!

Simply Effin Astounding!
Elder OGNightHawk.

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 6:34PM (Unverified) said

Wow, I think you should shill more. How much they paying you?

Look, this game is nothing more than Quake with a little bit of character progression and an interactive, graphic lobby. If it was F2P, I'd be playing it. But it's P2P. Nearly every other P2P game on the planet offers more depth in terms of community, character development, content, and lore than CrimeCraft provides. There's very little story, and there's no "world" to speak of. It's just a number of shooter maps tied to a couple of different lobby areas. It is pay-to-play Quake.

Still, continue your blind fanboi praise.

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 6:34PM (Unverified) said

For the record, I really do not like WoW.

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 9:03PM (Unverified) said

Well, being almost forty with almost 20 years experience in the gaming industry, I would have to illicit that I am a little past the fan boi stage bud. Crime Craft and Vogster do not pay me. I pay them in the praise that they deserve for the time and effort they are putting in to a game I like playing. And Quake?? Are you kidding me? I used to build Quake, and no, this is not Quake. I feel you need to research into Crime Craft a little more before you start you comparison.

Crime Craft is not FPS. Crime Craft is TPS (Third Person Shooter) and the styles and strategies in both are VERY different. Also, Crime Craft is NOT an MMO, it combines features of an MMO with a team based shooter, and keeps it down to a more personal scale so as to keep the community part of the game from being drowned in all the fluff and useless fill you see in most every MMO or shooter you see nowadays.

I suggest you educate yourself a little more on the game, and then educate yourself on how the crafting and community interaction factors in to the depth of the game, and then try again.

If you really feel that you know everything, take a wander over to our gang site (http://simplyeffinastounding.com) and put yer noble wisdom in the Haze Heads to San Fran thread. Intelligence will be rewarded with direct answers from Vogster, Team Crime Craft and the Sponsers, and useless banter, flaming, spamming, and pointless drivel WILL BE DELETED!

Posted: Sep 20th 2009 4:39PM (Unverified) said

I never played Crimecraft, the "gang" theme never really appealed to me, but it's always sad to see a company go under and see people loosing jobs.

It's these kind of events that make MMO developers stick to the overly done Fantasy Grind Fest.

I loved Tabula Rasa and Spellborn... but one of them was shut down and the other just didn't have enough community activity.

I love games with new and inventive ideas, but it's sad to see them go under.

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM