Posted: Sep 17th 2009 7:03PM (Unverified) said

I think these have been public for some time, or am i mistaking?

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 9:02PM Unshra said

You're not these screen shots are a few weeks old and were released in august at MMORPG.com, nothing new.

and

Now they did just recently add them to the office site but they are not new.

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 9:03PM Unshra said

Bah typos: "official" site

Either way the game looks nice and I love the Hatchery shoots.

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 7:27PM (Unverified) said

Earthrise sure looks and sounds like it should be good. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Anarchy Online that seemed full of promise at first, but somehow ended up being a pretty mediocre gaming experience.

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 8:41PM Tom in VA said

Nice environments, I must say.

So, is this essentially a PvP game?

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 6:35AM konnik said

Yes, the end game is mainly focused on PvP and Sieging.

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 7:37AM Tom in VA said

Thanks. The reason for my uncertainty is this from the Earthrise website FAQ:
___

» Is Earthrise solo-friendly or does it force grouping?

The main storyline and all associated quests will be completely solo-friendly and allow each player to explore the island of Enterra at their leisure without requiring additional help – but there will be additional challenges where a player may need friendly support. Also, many of the player-versus-player (PvP) mechanics will be party and guild oriented for those who seek to become involved in the grand struggle for domination over controllable zones and their resources.
___

So, according to the developers it's "solo-friendly", and yet all the details I've seen about this game (including the overall tone on their website) is that it's mainly PvP. It's an issue for me because, while the world looks very cool, I generally don't like PvP much. : /

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 8:35AM konnik said

The PvE content will be solo-friendly also if you want you can stay all alone and not joining one of the two fractions. But, yes, the main target are the pvp players and just the starter zones will be locked for pvp as I know.

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 4:42AM konnik said

Nice shots! Thx for uploading them! I'm waiting for this game!

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 9:09AM postman said

beautiful shots. I've been following this game for over a year now and we're coming down to it, cant wait for this one to launch :)

no elves and laser guns ftw

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 9:39AM (Unverified) said

Every new shot from Earthrise gets me more and more excited for this game. Beautiful environments, a nod to the solo-ing crowd, and if they can make the PvP half as fun and exciting as, say, TF2, this is one game that will keep me playing (and paying) for a long time to come.

Its the kind of game that makes me upgrade my rig...

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story