Posted: Sep 16th 2009 3:14PM (Unverified) said

I suggest you do Garth Agarwen before it is revamped by Turbine, they plan to do it soon. And yeah, it will definitely be a challenge.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 4:16PM Snorii said

Very nice write-up. I vote for Garth Agarwen as well.

Also, can't help but laugh at the group pic - a certain's hobbit's hand. ;)

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 4:18PM (Unverified) said

is that a hand? i thought it was just a rip in the pants ;)

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 4:18PM (Unverified) said

I voted garth too, and i want to see screenshots of the resulting carnage! what level are you all at? garth is ROUGH!

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 6:07PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Retaking Weathertop was very easy, I easily trioed it on level, but then having a RK in party as a healer is wonderful for this type of thing.

If you want harder definitely Garth Agarwen is the go, as it is one of the very few dungeons it will also interesting for other games players to compare, plus it will be a little bit of history as that dungeon is soon being knocked down to be replaced with the gimped 3 man version for skirmishes.

Posted: Sep 19th 2009 7:15AM (Unverified) said

Great write up. I'm voting for GA too. GL. :D

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 4:47AM (Unverified) said

book 2 is quite boring until the last instance, which is pretty cool, it was made a bit more easy since I did it first on my hunter, but its still fun

Book 3 in North Downs is where things pick up. Some very fun things like Freeing Dori, and defending Trestlebridge.

I voted GA. You want a challenge, you'll find it there for sure.

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 1:02PM Nerves said

Just to be clear, you may have to finish book 2 in order to access some of the content in GA. Book 2 is not very long nor difficult.

Posted: Sep 17th 2009 1:16PM (Unverified) said

Yep, we actually finished Book 2 last night in preparation. It took about 2 hours without rushing at all. Doing GA before it's "updated" will be great, and it even leaves the potential open to revisit it in another article after the change.

Posted: Sep 18th 2009 1:44PM Tanek said

Very nice writeup. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have wandered* in the hills of the Lone Lands forever.

I know a few players who skipped most of Garth Agarwen just because they did not manage to get full, on-level groups when they were ready for the quests. And I know more than a few who did the quests, but only because they had level 50 (or 60 now) kin members help out.

So I think the revamp for smaller groups might be necessary and I hope it allows more new players to get into that content. I'm sure it will still be a challenge for the smaller, on-level groups, but I'm looking forward to giving it a proper send-off with a full fellowship on quests before that happens.

*While it may be that not all who wander are lost, I'm part of the group who often are. :)

Posted: Sep 21st 2009 11:59PM Sonoran said

Definitely Garth Agarwen. With such an accomplished crew this should be a suitable challenge. Some of the other Angmaur quests in the area are fun too. Hope I can make some of these, but if not... good luck

=Irked=

Posted: Sep 20th 2009 5:50PM (Unverified) said

ye i would like to see what you think of garth befor and after the revamp, although i think they are improving it for the better and not just making is easier.