Posted: Sep 15th 2009 10:24PM Ayonyx said

Not really surprised by this, the genre is growing. Yet, we continue to grow broader instead of refining into sub-genres.

Posted: Sep 15th 2009 11:24PM (Unverified) said

Do they actualy say 10 MMOs next week? Because they only have ten on their list altogether, including Aion and CO.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 6:23AM Velyse said

It's actually RPGs/MMOs. The article is incorrect.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 8:47AM brookep said

Thanks for the fix! I misread the RPG part.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 9:01AM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
The did not really sale any copy of Aion yet! All this is base on pre orders "give me a beta key" lets just wait and see how many of them become real sales and how much stick around after they first free month!

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 9:53AM Vitamin Dei said

What Matt C. said. I can't speak knowledgeably about Direct2Drive or NCSoft digital orders, but my Steam pre-order was a sale. they already have my money. No backsies.

I don't know how often people look at the top sellers tab on Steam, but I poke around there pretty frequently, and the Aion Collector's Edition has been hanging out around the number one and two spots since it was listed, which is impressive (as of this writing Aion CE is #2, behind Batman Arkham Asylum)

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 9:14AM (Unverified) said

Jack,

What are you talking about? In order to preorder a game off Steam, you have to purchase it. It's not a Gamestop where you can go and preorder it for $5 just to get the beta code. So, they really did sell all those copies of Aion. Go away troll.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 11:18AM Myria said

Chargebacks are extremely common in this sort of situation, makes the whole thing very much like Gamestop, only without even the $5 deposit. If you read the Aion forums at Steam you'll see it mentioned fairly frequently, it's hardly a secret and it's quite legal -- if perhaps unethical.

Really, do a little research before calling someone a "troll".

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 11:46AM (Unverified) said

Preordering a game at Gamestop vs purchasing the game on Steam then doing a chargeback is actually not that similar of a process. I highly doubt most the people who purchased Aion on Steam had this in mind when preordering it, but I'm sure some will. Read Jack's prior posts on everything Aion related and you'll see why he is a troll. Try doing some research next time before you accuse someone of not doing a little research before calling someone a troll.