Posted: Sep 16th 2009 12:09AM postpwn said

EvE - so complicated but so intriguing. I wish there was a weekly 1-hour drama that could recap the events of each week. I would so watch that but, man, I could never wrap my head around this game.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 12:10AM postpwn said

Yeah, I don't know why I used a lowercase "v" either. [face_palm]

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 1:41AM (Unverified) said

I would need... a corp.
I turned off the game because I was just grinding money, I can grind money on any game by myself.
I know that can be remedied but 3 months after buying the retail game I still hadn't found a corp (of any kind) in my travels.
Not that I couldnt have anonymously applied to one, I dont think in my experience with MMO's that THAT is a good idea.

I suppose regardless of my experience, in Eve- I am a newbie all over again.

;/

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 5:01AM (Unverified) said

EVE isn't like WoW...you really need to go out of your way to find a corp that suits your needs. Most people will spend at least a week or so scouring the recruitment forums before they even think of changing corp! You need to find one which does what you like (PvP, ratting, mining, industrial, ninja salvaging, piracy, etc...the list goes on, and if you're corp doesn't at least slightly specialise in a couple of these, chances are it's going to be a mess), where you like, and at the right level. That takes time.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 3:02PM xgamer99 said

Wait, you fly around for 3 months waiting for someone to talk to -you-?

Doesn't work that way. It's much like the real world - you have to research and look into corps, and then apply to some that you like. THEN the corps recruiting officers will contact you for an interview and it goes from there...

You really need to get into a corp for the game to shine. I'm currently soloing (running missions) due to a war, and it sucks.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 5:08AM (Unverified) said

Also, thank god. As a long term low-sec player, I'm seriously tempted to take my corp and make the move to low sec when these changes come around...Outwards to emergence and war!

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 9:28AM cchance said

i swear to god the reason my corp hasnt gone lowsec yet is because theirs so much damn alliance sprawn, theirs no f*cking place for us to set up shop in lowsec, hopefully this will see alliances pulling in their sprawl, and improving their core

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 9:42AM (Unverified) said

EVE is a cool game, but it's also like a second job. To get to the end game content you need to be in a corp out in 0.0, and that's a huge hassle in my opinion. I hope CCP can shake things up a bit.

Still, you can expect that what you've spent months carefully building out in 0.0 will get destroyed by a pack of Russians while you're asleep. That's part of the game.

Posted: Sep 16th 2009 4:10PM Dirame said

What I can see from this is a lot less alliances taking full dominance and alot more people coming in to harass people who dont know WTH they are doing. All in all it almost totally removes my need to scan for wormholes to mine mercoxit.