Posted: Sep 14th 2009 1:26PM postpwn said

As a cloned member of the Enforcers, I must use this space to rally up our forces in a concerted effort to take down the CHOTA. Any like-minded Enforcers, Techs and Lightbearers please join me in pacifying the CHOTA, the Vistas and those no-conscience Travelers so we can restore order to the Grand Canyon.

Who's with me?!

Posted: Sep 14th 2009 1:53PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for the Fallen Earth coverage, really glad to see Massively giving this game the spotlight on occasion, as it serves a very under-represented niche within the genre and was clearly built with a lot of love.

Is it buggy? Yeah, it reminds me of early SWG both in terms of mechanics and bugs, but I earnestly hope these guys get enough support to keep it going and continue to give those of us who no longer have the stomach for theme parks a game to call home.

/cheer

Posted: Sep 14th 2009 2:47PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, push the release date back to the launch date of AION. Smart move by them, no doubt. They might be two completely different settings for an MMO, but having a same day launch could really hurt the starting phase of Fallen Earth, which could then just have a domino effect from there on out.

I hope not. I really want some great MMO's to choose from, though I will be playing AION myself come the early head-start ;)

Posted: Sep 14th 2009 2:48PM Floweringmind said

The game is so awesome. The big problem is so many people pre-ordered that there is huge lag sometimes. Especially in battles. This isn't a problem if you are fighting something around your level, but if you are fighting a creature higher level than you it means you will end up dying as you will miss a few good hits that could have killed the creature. I imagine this will be fixed in the next week.

Posted: Sep 14th 2009 3:04PM (Unverified) said

If you're complaining about lag with the pre-launch population, how exactly is the game supposed to handle the 'full' population?

I'm hoping it can, and that as wastelander said, that it continues to grow/improve and receive support. We might have ourselves a little gem of a sandbox here with a humble but dedicated fanbase.

Posted: Sep 14th 2009 4:33PM (Unverified) said

I don't think the Icarus devs are really concerned about competing with Aion or luring the type of people inclined to play it. I'm sure there are a few like me who've paid for both, but by and large you won't find two more dissimilar target audiences.

Provided they've got a little money in the bank, they can weather a tiny launch and grow over time, perhaps even picking up some of the folks who eventually realize what limited options there are in Aion and it's ilk.

Posted: Sep 14th 2009 4:45PM Floweringmind said

I am not complaining actually, I am reporting what is happening. The game is still playable, but this would be why you only get in with a pre-order. This allows them to fix this issue before the server would be totally hammered when it goes live. Also most of the people already played the game in beta.

I am not worried at all because there are always game masters giving us updates and the they are updating every couple of nights.

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant