Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:09AM (Unverified) said

Total of .... 4 (though one is not really an install)
WoW (though not subbed as I've been busy moving house)
Warhammer (never subbed after the free month but live in hope it might be one I want to play again)
DDO (trying it out for a while now it's gone free)
Free Realms (though this is just a browser thingie)

Made the mistake once of uninstalling WoW and ever since having to go through the pain of re-installing and then patching, I'll only uninstall if a game is NEVER going to ever be played again.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:21AM Jimjamyaha said

Currently WoW & Runes of Magic (Although I have no plans to play this one again).

Back in the day I had Maple Story, Guild Wars and WoW.

Offtopic: I want to try other MMOs than WoW but they tend to be dissapointing, I love being a paladin and I love the lore and race selections of WoW, nothing has come close yet.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:28AM (Unverified) said

Active or free:
Mortal Online Beta
Gates of Andaron
D&D Online
Runes of Magic
Guild Wars
Ultima Online

Inactive or waiting on updates:
WAR
EVE
Champions Online
Fallen Earth
Wakfu

So 11 in total taking up room on my various drives. As you can see I've been on something of a soul-searching journey since I decided to take a break from WAR. Hopefully one day a true next-gen sandbox game without spaceships* will go gold.

*(EVE is great but I just don't get attached to spaceships. I take this as a personal shortcoming and would accept some form of therapy if it was available.)

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:45AM Tom in VA said

WoW -- Not playing it atm
LotRO -- Not playing it either atm
GW -- Not playing it either -- but can't bear to delete it just yet
DDO:U -- Dabbling in it a bit, but so far not impressed.

So, really not playing any MMOs for now. Sort of biding my time till STO, GW2, or SWTOR comes along...

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:49AM (Unverified) said

I have around 60-70 installed between the 2 machines.

Beau

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:57AM Krystalle Voecks said

I was around 42 a few weeks ago, but I blew many of those off the machine before Dragon*Con.

You win. :D

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:50AM (Unverified) said

I have

City of Heroes + test server
WWII online
LoTRO
Champions Online
Runes of Magic
Age of Conan
CrimeCraft
Galaxy Online
Aion Beta
StarQuest online

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:52AM Platypus Man said

I recently did a purge myself - got rid of LotRO, WoW, EVE and DDO.

Right now I only have Champions Online and Age of Conan installed. I canceled my sub to AoC, but only because CO came out... and I'll be in the STO beta shortly so I doubt I'll be running around in Hyboria anytime soon. I haven't uninstalled AoC yet, although it's hogging a metric butt-ton of my hard drive space.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 8:52AM Platypus Man said

Oh, and Runes of Magic & Free Realms, for me and the kiddies to play together. Forgot about those.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:00AM (Unverified) said

I have 5 installed at the moment

LOTRO my main game
Champions Online. Playing a lot right now
DDO - It's free so I'm giving it a try
Free Realms - Also free
Swords of the New World another FTP.

I actively play LOTRO and Champions Online, a little bit of DDO the others I haven't touched in a couple months.

I try and keep my system clean. If it's not being played for a few months then it will go, usually when I need the free space.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:01AM mko said

Inactive
Wow
Eve Online
Age of Conan
Lotro (patched to latest might reactivate)
Everquest 1 Trial (played for 2 mins)
Everquest II
Ragnarök Online

Active or free
Ultima Online Stygian Abyss client
UO 2d (not patched to SA)
Atlantica
Runes of Magic
Free Realms

Oh no wonder my hdd is full lol

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:09AM elocke said

Playing:

WAR
DDO - For WoW Tuesdays

Inactive but I bounce in and out depending on content updates:

FFXI
EQ2
LOTRO
Vanguard
AoC

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:12AM (Unverified) said

Yikes. I'm surprised by how many are on my computer... I need to do some clean up!

WAR
AoC
Runes of Magic
Eve Online Trial
Aion
Free Realms
Guild Wars
Champions Online

Of those, only Champions has an active sub/is played with any regularity.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:16AM Sean D said

EvE - by far my favorite. I maintain two accounts.
WAR - currently canceled, but I go back every few months in hopes that it's better.
AoC - incredible game in many ways (incredible score), but I lose interest.

I recently bought a new system though, and have been very selective about which games I install. WoW hasn't made a reappearance and likely won't with all the new games set for release in the next 6 months or more. I've considered returning to LotRO off and on, but I can't find my original disks and I'm not keen on downloading games. The only other game installed (non-MMO) is Fallout 3.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:20AM Minofan said

Guild Wars
Free Realms

Currently I have WoW installed and am in the process of installing Runes Of Magic, but WoW will almost certainly be gone post-trial (again) and RoM longevity will be determined by whether Elven Prophecy makes a good first impression.

I purged WAR, AoC and CoH for good a while back, so they wouldn't keep tempting me back for another disappointing month's resub.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:27AM SkuzBukit said

I've got 4 F2P installed right now

Shin Megami Tensei Imagine, Atlantica Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online & Perfect World.

I did have Runes of Magic but I had grown completely tired of the grindfest endgame & after levelling some 14 alts to 25/25 I was bored, final straw for me was the total lack of pick up groups in Weeping Coast, after 5 days of trying all times of the day to get groups to tackle the Elite Nagas & progress in the quests I decided enough was enough & uninstalled.

I'm currently trying out the F2P DDO, but overall I've become disenfranchised of MMO's lately, re-installed Planescape:Torment & Baldur's Gate for some oldskool RPGing.

I used to have a whole bunch of MMO on my HD but after deciding I wasn't going to play them again I wiped them off, these being the ones I removed.

EverQuest, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Aion (Beta, but never got to play because of GameGuard crashing my PC all the damn time), Warhammer Online, Mabinogi (I was IP blocked from the UK).

Bloodymare: Requiem looks interesting so I might try that out next.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:28AM Ardwulf said

THIRTY? That's insane!

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:31AM Krystalle Voecks said

Yeah, but Beau kicked my butt with 60-70. I don't feel so bad now. hehe

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:42AM bylthe said

None yet. Just got my new alienware M17x gaming laptop in last night. I will be installing
guild wars
runes of magic
and awaiting Aion

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 9:45AM Myria said

Huh, and all this time I thought I was a bit extreme, generally having three or so installed at any given time (currently GW, WoW, and War, the latter eating the bulk of my play time currently).

Y'all have shown me the light, I'm but a piker in the extreme MMO addiction department. What a relief, now I can stop paying that quack shrink to try and 'cure' me -- an exercise in futility if ever there was one. Don't worry about her income, though, I'll be sending her here for a virtual gold mine of addicts...

Ah well, off to install another MMO. I've got catching up to do ya' know.

Betawatch: November 15 - 21, 2014

Posted on Nov 21st 2014 8:00PM

The Stream Team: No more Landmark tour deaths!

Posted on Nov 21st 2014 3:00PM