Posted: Sep 10th 2009 4:05PM Temko said

i'll belive this game is something after the release it.

Funcom is, one of, if not THE, MMO marketing master in the world. And to them that includes lying about content.

so we'll see 2-3 months after release of this game if it's good.

i'll stick to my darkfall untill then :)

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 4:23PM Valdur said

Looks very promising and also looks like we are going to have a true MMORPG,at last.

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 7:39PM (Unverified) said

I have a feeling this game will start with a lot of people but fade to a healthy niche of gamers.
If the game has the same amount of puzzle and background needed as the brain twisting viral campaign, that took multiple real world knowledge sources to just figure out a picture, I really don't think the general gaming public will enjoy it. sorry.

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 8:01PM ultimateq said

this interests me greatly.

Posted: Sep 11th 2009 10:58PM (Unverified) said

You all got to remember that Ragnar Tørnquist, the person that made Anarchy online and The Longest Journey, is behid this game. And only use the same ENGINE as AoC, not the same developers. (the AoC developers would be too busy with the new expansion)

I think we can except alot from The Secret World. The only thing is that Ragnar Tørnquist needs to remember what he did in Dreamfall... and NOT DO IT...EVER AGAIN.

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 9:44PM tk421242 said

Twitch based gameplay making another appearance here, Fallen Earth has it and now TSW appears to utilize it in combat. I am ready for the change in gameplay some companies in the industry seem to be taking. I just got burnt out on the tab select enemy, press 1, 2, 3 tab select press 1, 2, 3 combat of so many games for so many years. Small differences aside, it seemed to be really the only gameplay for years in MMOs. Of course there were exceptions to this, but most of the main stream MMOs seemed to just adopt a proven mechanic and place their property in that system.

And the modern setting with supernatural and occult happenings gets me interested right away. Already joined an order on their site to just follow the development more closely, waiting anxiously for some actual gameplay footage.

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 11:05PM (Unverified) said

Wow is it just me or does this game sound a whole lot like SHADOWRUN.Why not scrap this game and go with the original.I guess that with microsoft owning FASA this is as close as I'll get.

Posted: Sep 11th 2009 4:15AM Jesspiper said

Aside from ripping a page right out of Hellgate: London, it's an impressive looking future game. But so was Age of Conan...

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014