Posted: Sep 9th 2009 4:08PM Snow Leopard said

I have to say. Age of Conan has always looked like the most gorgeous MMO out there. These screens only confirm that to me.

Posted: Sep 9th 2009 5:48PM (Unverified) said

12 factions??
4 tiers??
2 new mounts that can either be an attack pet or a regular mount??

/thump

/says from floor

Thank you Funcom! I think you just made up for release.

Posted: Sep 9th 2009 8:07PM (Unverified) said

So once this expansion goes live you can level 1-20 in Tortuga, then 20-40 in the new zones with better questing and rewards? Sounds like a winning plan, and might actually make AoC worth playing for more than die hard fans.

Posted: Sep 9th 2009 11:00PM (Unverified) said

i have to say this looks freaking awesome!!!! AOC is getting bloody good now thank god or should that be thank Craig!!!!

Check it out if you haven't already!!! :)

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 2:35AM kooda said

i have to say i never thought AoC was bad i loved sniping on my ranger (favorite part of the game aside from exploring) but it was just lack of being able to level slowly through the content and enjoy it (i literally got to level 21 in around 2days time) i then gave up on it at 25 and went back to WoW though sometimes i do regret it as its a great game.

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 12:34AM (Unverified) said

I've been back in AoC since the huge patch, and all i gotta say is get it.. i came from hardcore wow guild, dominating raids..and having tied Aion/everything else.. I don't see me leaving AoC for very long time

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 3:49AM (Unverified) said

I find this statement to be abit confusing:

"Interestingly, the Gateway to Khitai, which is part of a 20-to-40 area, is the only new area being added with the expansion."

Because later you go on to talk about the other 5 regions being added.
The gateway to Khitai as I've understood it is just one of these regions, the other's lay beyond the gateway in Khitai itself and are for highlevel players.

Other than that it's a great article, as one of those who has jumped back in the game lately im looking forward to the future things being added to AoC.

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 5:01AM Critical Mass said

Has the game mechanics for combat evolved or is it the same as when the game was released, with combos, feats and the mechanics for movement and using weapons?

I have to say, unless I come across some articles that lays out how the combat in AoC has evolved with regard to its most basic workings, then I will remain sceptical to anything that is added to the game. Because in the end, I would like to play the game as if combat mechanics mattered. A simplified sword simulator if you will.

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 5:34AM (Unverified) said

If you want something like a sword simulator, then honestly i think you should wait for wii 2, or sonys/microsofts motion systems.

The combat system remains at it's root much the same as it was at launch. One big difference is that the combo sequences are shorter now, the balance caster vs melee was very hard when melee classes had to perform those long combos to deal significant damage.

I like AoC's combat system, but it's nowhere near a simulator of any kind.

Posted: Sep 10th 2009 5:41AM pcgneurotic said

I'm just grateful that someone has *finally* said, 'Enough with the J-Crap already'.

Posted: Sep 14th 2009 1:40PM Valentina said

I can't wait for the expansion! It's full of story and choices, it reminds me of SW:TOR in that sense.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM