Posted: Sep 7th 2009 2:22PM Draccan said

Really missed an opportunity to dive into the mmo (and lack of same) aspect here....

Posted: Sep 7th 2009 2:25PM Draccan said

comment in the wrong place here..?? delete please

Posted: Sep 7th 2009 3:45PM Alarie said

How are troubadors these days? That was the only class I really liked.

Nice picture too!

Posted: Sep 7th 2009 5:12PM (Unverified) said

I wish they would tweak EQII's engine a bit. Every time I try the game I find myself liking some elements of it -- like not requiring a gathering skill to be able to harvest crafting nodes, the mentoring system for dungeons, and the in-game guild browser -- but in general the engine feels kind of F'd up. Things disappear and appear in the horizon instantly due to the terrain culling instead of fading in and out, reflections shift position in the water suddenly making the reflections look like they're detached from the terrain, some animations are just messed up, some waterfalls in the starting zone and in Qeynos in particular look like plastic. Some areas like the starting zone in Freeport use the same texture over and over again on everything, etc...

I try not to emphasize graphics when I play games, but EQII kind of feels like a beat up old car to me. It's a shame, I think if they'd just polish it up a lot more then they'd be a much more prominent force in the MMO scene.

Posted: Sep 7th 2009 11:07PM (Unverified) said

Jason, 100% agree, something is just off with EQ2, i've been trying to play it, and well, it just feels out of place, everyone says the graphix get better later on, but shouldn't they be coherent throughout the entire game? I blame Sony, it reminds me of the other sony products out there in the MMO world.

Posted: Sep 8th 2009 8:06AM (Unverified) said

Just have to nitpick, the druid in the picture isn't a Fury, he has the Warden epic weapon equipped.

Posted: Sep 8th 2009 9:57PM Araxes said

Fury ... warden ... I was close. ;) Good call. Some time had passed in between when this was taken and when I submitted it. The group was from memory. And frankly I don't have all the different mythicals memorized. ;)

Posted: Sep 8th 2009 9:22AM (Unverified) said

Wow, good eye E pauley.. Great screenshot, I loved everquest 2, but even with new hardware I could never get good performance. It defiantly got a lot better compared to it's launch.