Posted: Sep 6th 2009 1:24AM Jesspiper said

I'm not in the books. I'm an outside observer.

In LOTRO I am there, fighting in the War of the Ring and THAT is the point of the game, to kind of say "I was there"!

Posted: Sep 5th 2009 9:34PM Keen and Graev said

Frodo destroys the ring! SPOILERS!!

Expansion sounds cool.

Posted: Sep 5th 2009 11:28PM (Unverified) said

Well technically, I think it was really Gollom who destroyed the Ring. What? Did I give something away? Sorry. SPOILERS!

Posted: Sep 6th 2009 8:54AM pcgneurotic said

Totally on-topic, ofc:

;)

Posted: Sep 7th 2009 1:03AM Lateris said

I will pay the $19.99 to play this expansion> The LOTRO community has always been outstanding to game with.

Posted: Sep 11th 2009 4:28AM (Unverified) said

Well if anyone wants to see something funny about the Siege of Mirkwood expansion, go to this site I almost through off my socks LOL. http://entertaininggames.wordpress.com/ Where they ask if Lord of the 'Games' is a cheap disappointment?! I mean obviously this person didn't play the Game. LOL

Posted: Sep 8th 2009 11:07AM Deryk said

I'm really looking forward to this mini-expansion. I bet the area of Mirkwood will be totally massive. Not to mention the size of Dol Guldur simply looks impressive!

- Horses are going to be reworked! We will be able to zone while mounted, interact with NPCs, buy and sell, etc. Plus maybe mounted combat? Does anyone know? I sure hope so!
- Skirmishes sound fun! And we'll have some in Eriador as well!
- Completion of Volume II and finally we can put the Mines behind us as we continue to assist the Fellowship in getting to Mordor.
- Gets us one step closer to Rohan!

Posted: Sep 8th 2009 11:54AM (Unverified) said

As a Wow player for the past 2 years and former AC nut I have to say LotRo has been looking more appealing by the day. Every time blizz anounces something or releases content it turns into a headache and makes me miss the days of competant techs and devs who interact more with the players. Outside of the microcrap days of AC I found it a much more enjoyable game than I ever have in WoW. I mean 160 people chasing down a tremendous monouga running through town is still probably one of my favorite experiences in any MMO. So Cheers to turbines staff and BOO to blizztards overpriced monthly and incompetant employees. Once the countdown to cataclysm begins my countdown to wowquit will if I can suffer that long.

Posted: Sep 9th 2009 2:43PM (Unverified) said

some people need to get a grip. lotro is awesome game. we are not playing the game for the movies or because of teh movies. we are playing to be part of teh whole idea of lord of rings. the role playing and playing your part in that journey.

people have their own opinions on what games they like. and to be fair on turbine they have given us gamers alot in the years teh game has been running and i personally dont mind paying for something i liek especially considering all the free content we have been given over the same amount of years. i also am looking forward to being apart of the next expansion the siege of mirkwood and playing my role in my characters in middle earth.

if you dont like the game go moan somewhere else and lay off turbine as they doing a good job for the people who liek and play the game. why waste your time commenting if you dont even play the game.

Posted: Sep 13th 2009 6:50PM Sunaris said

i have to say that LOTRO is one of the best PvE mmo's i've ever played. It has a well driven story, and is very polished and smooth. And seriously since you can get the game + MoM for only $10 plus the sub price of $10 a month, i'm more than glad to pay turbine the $20 for an xpac that includes the area of middle earth i've wanted to explore since i first read the hobbit.

Posted: Sep 24th 2009 9:03PM (Unverified) said

I was selected to playtest part of this expansion.

I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to talk about the details, but I will say this: very cool stuff. I can't wait!!!