Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 9:20AM MrGutts said

• Half a heart
Why in the blood hell did the announce a new update the day of a retail release? Is this Jack's vision?

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 9:26AM Seraphina Brennan said

Not to be rude, but, um, why can't they?

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 9:34AM MrGutts said

• Half a heart
As a wise man said on here. It's desperation and it tells me you don't have confidence in your game out of the box. Why not wait a month until you fix things, or break more things in their case.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 9:39AM (Unverified) said

*looks at the calendar*

Well, October is a month from now, so you'd be right there, MrGutts. :)

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 9:42AM (Unverified) said

Already they are announcing their first big holiday event. How does that show they have no confidence in their game, or that the game isn't good "out of the box"? To me, this tells me Cryptic has a lot in store for the game, and that they are actively working to provide fun new content for the players. So far, I'm having more fun than I have had in years playing CO. I'm glad that in 45-60 days there's going to be a new challenge coming.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 9:44AM Nef said

It seems to be tying in with a Halloween-ish type event. I'd suspect it'll be released around mid-October (a month and a half away). It seems about right to be making the announcement.

Also, new powerset that many people will want to try -- why setup a similar character now when you can wait and get what you want?

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 10:04AM (Unverified) said

I don't understand people complaining about content updates. They are still fixing issues every day, and just today put in a fix for the issue with retconning that people had. To think that they will not continue to fix bugs/balance issues over the next month, and just work on this update is silly.

Regardless, I love new content and am looking forward to this event. I'm enjoying the game a great deal. Keep up the good work Cryptic.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 10:09AM MrGutts said

• Half a heart
No what they did with reconing was make a big deal about fixing it 3 times and yet it has not been fixed at all. Check the forums there is about 20 threads on it already, even pretty screen shots of costs for people who are blinded by Cryptic.

So again, this early morning patch did nothing with recon.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 10:22AM (Unverified) said

Hey all,

Cryptic just made an announcement. What an act of desperation to make announcements. It just shows they have no confidence in their game.

I head they have different subscription options. Discounts for 3 and 6 month plans. Wow they must expect people to leave the game if they offer that.

/sarcasm

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 11:04AM Wisdomandlore said

People are complaining because Cryptic announced a content update? God forbid a MMO developer shows customers they are committed to updating the game from day one!

As for this: "Why not wait a month until you fix things, or break more things in their case."

There are different teams that work on different projects. The team responsible for fixing bugs and balancing the game is most likely different from the one developing new content. I saw this same ignorance on the LOTRO boards this Spring when the servers were going kaput. People screamed, "Stop making new content! Fix the servers!" Like the developers who make new content are also ace server and network engineers.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 11:23AM Psychotic Storm said

I am quite exited about it, I hope I can play the game by then.

Yes I am bitter about the launch patch.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 12:26PM TheJackman said

• Half a heart
Still waiting for DCU Online.... I wanna play size by size with real superheroes ....

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 3:09PM Coldbrand said

Oh no, not Tacobutts. Also, how come you don't really commend WAR when it ties its lore to its events? I wonder if the people who accuse you of being biased are right.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2009 6:26AM (Unverified) said

MAYBE! It must be a huge conspiracy! Everyone is out to get WAR because of how awesome it is!

/sarcasm

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 5:09PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Will there be expanded Sakura Park content?

Global Chat: Gamers Secret Santa