Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:07AM yojibalinese said

• 1 heart
I wouldn't call it smooth. Half of the people I know didn't receive their headstart code til the last day, some people got bad codes, the servers were down constantly, and then because they had so much trouble, they decided to give everyone that logged in the perks and the pets no matter if they completed the content or not.

So...no. Not smooth at all.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2009 1:37PM VisualGloss said

I've been playing all headstart and the server has been up constantly... As for your friends and their headstart codes, sounds more like the retailer's fault. The event however has been a mess and hasn't been working for a few days, but that hardly makes this a horrible headstart. The game has run fine, the servers have been up the whole time other than maybe one night at midnight where they brought it down for about an hour for maintenance.

So...yes. It has been smooth.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:29AM (Unverified) said

This will sound bizzare but are you making this up? I got a headstart without trouble, I've had no trouble on the servers and they've not been down once for me. We're all on the same servers so i don't see how we can have completely different experiances.

and I've not recieved any perks or pets for doing the alien invasion event either but I've also not bothered to try either because of how busy it is.

Which you can hardly blame them for. And looking at there website they've just addressed the community on a few of the big issues like game difficulty and are letting us know what there doing to fix that.

So far it's been one of the better game launches which is a miracle considering how badly the beta launched.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:29AM (Unverified) said

Myself and several friends (Colin Brennan included) haven't experienced any of these issues. The servers were down for a couple hours between 1am and 2am each night, just like open beta. Although I'm fairly certain that Cryptic has said that won't be the norm after today's launch.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:54AM phobic99 said

While I'm sure there have been some issues I personally haven't had any problems at all with the game so far. Hopefully most of these seemingly minor issues will be ironed out for everyone else though.

I did design a character for today's Massively event though. What time(s) were planned for the meets?

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:36AM Psychotic Storm said

I too have not encountered this problem.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 7:41PM (Unverified) said

I've experienced NONE of this. This person is either lying, or experiencing issues specific to them (ISP/hardware/etc). My guess is that this post is coming from a forum QQ'er that got banned or just wants to spread more misinformation about CO.

Launch has been good, the headstart event was frustratingly bugged, but the game is stable.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:16AM (Unverified) said

I was completely sure I was going to preorder this game, until I got to early August and that the few people I knew in the beta convinced me to sit tight and wait a bit longer until the game is a bit more polished before I go out and buy it. So for now, I haven't even touched it!

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:18AM MrGutts said

• 1 heart
Maybe they will push out a patch today or this month that will fix all the powers that are broken or bugged to hell.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:29AM (Unverified) said

Again..what? XD

I don't want to sound like some fanboy of the game here I'm genuinly wondering where these broken and bugged powers are? I've come across none, perhaps some that need balancing but none that are broken or bugged.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 9:43AM MrGutts said

• 1 heart
Take a look at the bug section of the main forums. It will explain a lot.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:34AM Psychotic Storm said

As far as MMO starts go this was quite smooth.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:49AM Clemalum07 said

I agree Headstart was very smooth.

Having a blast with it so far!

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:49AM Renko said

Completed some of the public quests today which I've been trying to do since closed beta but were bugged before, so things have certainly improved now for retail. However I haven't seen a Head Start programme so blatantly used as an extended beta phase before.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 8:57AM Purkit said

I've had a blast in the early start. Made a bunch of characters and learnt a lot. There are some powers that don't work as intended or are broken, but most work well. There will be quite a bit of game balancing to come I'm sure.

Oh and yes the event was bugged fairly badly.

Anyway the servers were up almost constantly and I could play when I wanted. Very happy to be playing at the moment, I just hope Cryptic keep up the updates and fixes and address some of the issues coming to light.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 9:02AM (Unverified) said

Same here, Headstart was smooth, now lvl 16 and still no big bad bug (only thoes damn Qularr!)

A couple of unbalanced powers but the game is great.

-- Life is short... play more!

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 1:06PM Psychotic Storm said

@ JP

I am quite fascinated with your personal axe you have to grind with Cryptics CO, you really are completely out of the line in criticising it, like there is something personal going on.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 1:53PM (Unverified) said

reply FAIL, Pstorm.

How am I out of line? Do you know my experience w/ the game, or b/c I don't agree w/ your opinion of it, it makes me out of line?

The game made some head way at the end of OB. Now, I have no clue, but it's funny that Cyrptic made such a dipshit, ass hat move on launch day.

I will say this: the MTs in the store right now, while fluff, are exclusive. Pointless shit I'd never pay for, but exclusive none the less.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 3:36PM Psychotic Storm said

@JP
Yes noticed... I will get it right sometime, that does not warrant capital letters though.

ok now, I will accept that out of the line might not translate correctly what I meant to say so "goes to great lengths to criticise every single thing about this game, whenever an article for it gets posted in massively" sounds good enouph?

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 9:28AM Vitamin Dei said

The launch hasn't been without its share of issues, but all things considered they've been really small ones, and they're getting attention from the dev team. For an MMO launch this has been pretty smooth sailing.

It's also worth considering that MMOs are constantly in development, and no matter how much internal testing is done there are issues regarding load, balance, etc that just won't be apparent until they have many thousands of hardcore min-maxing dedicated players poking at all of the nooks and crannies. On the bright side, though, Cryptic has proven that they're willing to develop in response to the community's suggestions. I'm looking forward to being a part of that and seeing what the game grows into over the next six months to a year.

Swordsman launches today