Posted: Sep 1st 2009 11:07AM Kalex716 said

I didn't play the beta, but because I've been looking for an MMO fix lately I decided to start in the "head start" of this one. Despite some of the things I originally heard.

As many have said, the character customization is top of it's class. All game's in this genre can benefit from learning how to enable your playerbase to take the types of control you can with your visual aesthetic the way this game does. Their are pages from this playbook ALL MMO's should be looking at.

As far as the game goes, i'm having a lot of fun with it so far. Have met a few friends playing, and again, the power set selection factor is very cool. I have a feeling long run though, their may be too much empowerment here and I could definately see a few "cookie cutter" conventions coming out of the woodwork 4 5, and 6 months down the road. Nevertheless, it's nice so far.

I personally like the approach to combat and power management they take. You essentially have a power bar, that your powers use in various ways, but then you have some powers and ways to build it up. So it's kind of like a little economy minigame you are learning how to manage with your character based on the powers you use, your stats, and the ways you recover it etc.

I also like the fact that many powers have "tap effects" meaning you press your button with a stroke and it will spit out a little burst fireball for example, and u can spit them in succession. OR, you can charge the button down, and build up a bigger blast, and pop your enemies with more punch and knockback for example. This creates a nice mixup game so you are no longer loading up "rank 2 fireburst and rank 2 massive fireball" and bouncing between the two.

No obvious bugs so far, server stability is fine (these guys have plenty of experience so thats expected). PVP, i've only ran a few little cagematches and while they seemed cool enough, its pacing was real fast and I felt like if you were melee-centric you would be at a big disadvantage.

I can't know what the attachment rate for this game will be like (as in, if its worth getting all the way to endgame over), because so far my novel experience could wear thin, but right now I've already felt like it was worth the money for the software and free month. Theirs enough convention change here in the combat system to tip my hat to them in comparisons to the others, and it doesn't feel too tacky/broken like AoC did. Anyone on the cusp, it's worth a try.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 12:06PM (Unverified) said

I have made two videos for launch day to help new people out.

First is Going over all the travel powers individually and how they work in combat.

Second is how to set up your targeting system to be more like a FPS or a Real-Time Action game.

Don't take this as a shameless plug. I honestly made these with 100% intent on helping new people really enjoy the game with info they wouldnt be able to find readily!

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 1:09PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Oh yeah, let's not forget the whole part about 'Champions runs at 10-15 FPS regardless of PC' :P

I'm not lying. Here's a reference to the tech forums if you are so inclined-

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 1:19PM Firebreak said

I had this problem for all of 5 seconds when I changed a couple of graphic settings and then it was smooth as a bird.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 2:07PM (Unverified) said

If I had this problem I wouldnt be able to record those vids at 60fps.

I can play it at maxed out at 100 fps steady. But I have a decent compy.

Don't complain about graphic frame rates playing on a outdated computer.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 2:28PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
This would quickly degrade these comments, but I assure you, that you are wrong. I can definitely, definitely assure you of that. Go look in that thread before preaching nonsense you know nothing about.

People are running this game on dual SLI'd cards, with 8gb of ram, and getting 10fps. I guess thats acceptable to you?

Go do your research first please :/

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 2:51PM (Unverified) said

liar, go somewhere else. obviously what youre saying isnt true.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 5:23PM Firebreak said

"ons runs at 10-15 FPS regardless of PC' :P"

I think whoever said this is the only one who has no idea what they are talking about.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 3:43PM Lateris said

I am playing it. The combat is a ton of fun. I am playing it on a windows 7 box with no issues. Hey Shackle nice tutorials.