Posted: Aug 31st 2009 11:32AM (Unverified) said

"His family didn't forget, and 20 hours later, they're going to come after you"

Ok, it's compeltely dependent on implementation. B/c we've heard "choices matter" from every developer so far, and they've all failed to deliver anything truely meaningful... but this just sounds fantastic.

We've seen/read about the differnt ending in the flashpoint, which was pretty cool. I'm hoping it transitions even further in more of the game.

So very looking forward this. My kid better set world records for learning to wipe it's own ass when this game comes out!!

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 12:26PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
.......And then it comes time for a player to re-roll. (or roll an alt).

Tell me, just how many times do you honestly visualize the average player to "give a $^@&" about your epic story the second, third and fourth times through it?

Cutscenes? Skipped. Dialogue? Skipped. Story? Skipped. Voice acting? Cut-off.

Who in sam-hell cares about story and voice acting as the main selling point to a video game? I mean, seriously? So what if its "the first ever FULLY voice acted piece in the history of gaming???" Ultimately, your story is only going to mean one thing, a hindrance to the action, the gameplay, the meat & potatoes of the game.

And from what I've seen, that isn't impressive either.

Take your epic scope back to the requirements testing drawing boards. Gamers want a game to be played, not read, or listened to.

If you ask me, this effort needs to be redirected.

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 12:37PM TheJackman said

• Half a heart
Also this story plays.... more than 3,500 years before the events in the Star Wars films. They wearing the same stuff, got mostly the same ships... hyper-drive and light weapons.... Look at our world see the changes and tech we got in the last 1000 years or so..... Its really hard to believe a complete universe in 3,500 years did not change much at all when we walk 1000 years ago around with bags......

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 4:24PM Sean D said

I disagree with your assessment. Your generalizations are therefore inaccurate.

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 10:36PM agitatedandroid said

It's an RPG. They've always been about telling a story. I'm glad folks that don't give a shit about the RP side of RPGs enjoy playing the games but that doesn't mean we now have to rip the story out of games.

And, Star Wars, it's about the story. If all you want is action and button mashing, play a SHMUP like R-Type. If you still want massive action then I hear Global Agenda might be for you.

No one is about to completely alter a genre of video game that's near 30 years old just because you don't like the story parts.

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 12:30PM TheJackman said

• Half a heart
I am so tired to hear about the 40 novels in length voice script what they forget to tell you is the dialog and how "great" it is and when you listen to it you can easy see how this "great" writing can take up the space of the so called 40 novels....

Please check this full 20 mins+ Walk through from GC 2009! And see how the game really plays! Look like it coming together so far but voice parts are kind of long!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=offrE_BVJXs
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRETcv6NUnE
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrjRIVelILc
Part 4: v=Ztcgk5UaF0U

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 12:59PM Anticrawl said

I just want to know how the story works if you always want to play with a friend or in my case my girlfriend. Will I command the story or will we both influence it equally? I don't get how it will work.

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 1:19PM engrey said

@Anticrawl

From what we have heard so far if you are in a party the decision comes down to a dice-roll. Who ever wins gets to pick one which choice they want to make, it will effect both players then.

However the system is still being looked at and will probably change.

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 3:16PM Anticrawl said

I had a feeling it would be based solely on one person's choice and perhaps a random chosen party member would decide. I'm a huge fan of Bioware games but I don't see how my girl and I will be able to enjoy playing through the game together if we want to make different choices, and even then if you can make differenct choices in the same party how do you manage to share the same quests? I just don't see how this is going to be anything more than a singleplayer game with a massive chatroom and PvP.

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 10:47PM (Unverified) said

If you look at the videos released last week you can see, and they explain how it works in a group. There is a cut scene with several decisions to be made, one player made the 1st decision, then the other made the next. Overall I think there was like four decisions to be made in the scene and both player had a chance, however I'm unsure how this will go for larger groups.

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 6:59PM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
I have no clue why I was voted down.... but yes Part 3 shows a sample of 2 persons playing together look like only 1 of you will be able to make a choose at some moments and both of you will be effect by it! So this will work for 2 players but what if you group up with 5 or 6 players, what if you not play together all the time... If you make a choose that is "world changing" will you no longer able to play with your friend?!

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 1:18PM Triskelion said

• 1 heart
I think we need a few more EA logos in the background, effing anti-Christ of gaming (EA).

Posted: Aug 31st 2009 3:29PM (Unverified) said

@Leshrac you've clearly lived under a rock the past two years. that crown belongs to activision now.

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 7:34AM (Unverified) said

What happens when you're finish with the stories? Wait for expansion? Live patch?

Posted: Sep 1st 2009 6:20PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
You'll see what I'm talking about when you're playing this "MMORPG" and decide that the time has come to roll an alt.

Post back here when you're sick and tired of the same "epic" story being told over and over and over again.

Also, next time, READ the post before you mark it down. You sicken me. You're a BioWare fanboy and you've given them carte blanche to produce the most epic TURD ever produced in this gaming genre.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2009 11:27PM Daelda said

If the story arc is different for each class, then I will be interested in going through it with each class and experiencing that storyline. Yes, the gameplay is important, but this is an RPG game (MMORPG, but still, RPG).

Luckily, different aspects of the game will appeal to different people and it is likely that you will be able to skip past what you don't enjoy. You don't care about the story? Then skip past the dialogue and cut-scenes . You don't care for PvP? Then don't go to those servers or areas that are designated for PvP. You don't like RPing? Then don't do it and avoid those servers and areas where RPers congregate.

With all of the MMOs, as well as other multi-player online games, that have come out lately, and even more coming out all the time, there should be plenty of options for people to find the MMO that best fits their play-style.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny