Posted: Aug 28th 2009 12:26PM (Unverified) said

Man, is it DC's modus operandi to be two steps behind with everything game related or what?

I'm not against this game. Matter of fact I prefer the DCU over Marvel, but man... CO comes out Tues, CoH is releasing I16 (and the much coveted Power Cust) and their retail box (arguably) in the next year... and DC expects to do what?

Compete w/ TOR when it comes out? Any and all established players of any Superhero MMO will be gobbled up.

What can they expect to offer over either of those titles, or TOR, other then playing w/ Batman and Supes? I’m asking this honestly. Nothing about that game has screamed “revolutionary” to me at all. Even the alpha videos they’ve shown are lackluster and ugly IMO.

Choosing SOE was their first mistake. Giving a green light to SOE on older tech & engines to create it was their second. Not cancelling the project months ago was their third.

DC seriously gets over zealous w/ video games. Batman: Arkyum Asylum looks … LOOKS… good, but I can't name another DC game that was worth the '$10 and under" tag I paid for it.

Posted: Aug 28th 2009 1:53PM drakino said

DCUO is a different game from CoH/CO. Having hands on experience with all three (Played CoH actively, played CO in beta and DCUO at comiccon), the biggest difference is that DCUO is much more action based. CoH is more traditional MMORPG, CO goes a bit more action based but still feels mostly MMORPGish, and DCUO feels like it started as an action game. DCUO also has the console advantage for pulling in non PC players.

As for SOE and their engine, DCUO runs on the Unreal 3 engine, not something inhouse. (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-online-entertainment-licenses-unreal-engine-3-a)

So it's hard to call this one right now. CO to me seems to be the game that will take a lot of CoH players, due to the similarities (due to both being developed by Cryptic). DCUO, with no solid release date but clearly at least a year away means that they may pull in CO people looking for something new.

Posted: Oct 6th 2009 2:15PM (Unverified) said

PLEASE I HOPE THEY PUT IN REAL TIME TELEPRTATION BECAUSE EVERYONE ALREADY WANTS TO BE THE FLASH LIKE WTH!!!! ANYWAY...PUT IN SUM OTHER COOL POWERS LET JET BOOTS,OPENING PORTALS AN STUFF .JUS SUM ADVICE.

Posted: Nov 17th 2009 10:05AM (Unverified) said

I've been playing MMORPG's now for about 15 years, lol I started off playing Myth Of Soma way back when... Since then I've seen great changes in this brand of game from CoV/ CoH and most recently for the last 4 years World of Warcraft (which for the record I'm sick to death of) . I must admit I'm quite taken with the character customisation. Though DCUO as of yet havn't really delved that deeply into how far a player can go with this. In my honest opinion I don't really think that any game to date can top the CoH creation system, and now as mentioned before, the recent ability to customise the colours and some of the actions of the powersets. All of the characters I've seen from the movie clips, have viewed very brightly coloured, and oh yes it's very nice, but and it's a biggy. I really need to see a bit more of what can be done, which power colaborations there can be and hopefully not anything like Ultimate Alliance 2 Cough!! Litter!!! Cough!!!! Cough!!!!!

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014