Posted: Aug 27th 2009 5:08PM (Unverified) said

What console is being talked about? Sony and Microsoft have never let their consoles play in any network together so will there be 360 teams and other worlds with PS3 teams?

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 7:14PM Wisdomandlore said

Don't PS2s, PCs, and Xbox360s all hook up to the same FFXI servers?

Posted: Aug 28th 2009 12:17AM Dblade said

FFXI is special though. It's the only game you can play on a 360 without need Live Gold-part of the deal i think for Microsoft to get a SE title on it was that it only needed silver access to play. No other games are cross platform like it-Phantasy Star Universe was split into Xbox360 servers and PS2/PC servers.

Most of the announced MMO for console have been specific to one system only, because of the nature of live.

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 5:12PM (Unverified) said

Talk about the mouse that roared....CCP never ceases to amaze me.

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 5:34PM Kallyx said

yay! let's blow shit up, it's our "skill" :p

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 5:41PM (Unverified) said

Sony and Microsoft will. Think of Final Fantasy XI, its on PS2/3 360 & PC. not like traditional shooters.

I can't wait to hear more details of Dust 514

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 7:50PM (Unverified) said

I just want to hear informatoin on WoD (World of Darkness). Such disappointment when they revealed that their next new game was not WoD.

Posted: Aug 28th 2009 2:21PM Evy said

Me too. I was so disappointed. I was really hoping they were finally going to give us a few snippets about WoD. Come on, guys! We know you're working on it! Throw us a bone here! :)

Posted: Sep 9th 2009 9:15PM (Unverified) said

Truthfully, I'm still very skeptical.

I would love for this game to work out and all but the thing is. I mean normally if a game fails no one really notices some may buy it then inevitably have to forget about the lost money. However, with a game such as DUST, they are trying to merge 2 different game worlds into one with a kind of communal relationships to one another. EVE works with DUST and DUST works with EVE. And along with introducing DUST they are altering EVE to fit in with the new game as well.

So my point is, if DUST fails it will be bad for EVE as well. And as an EVE gamer I just don't want my game to go downhill.

Posted: Aug 28th 2009 4:36AM CunningB said

Well you can rest assured then, as far as i can tell from all the related media i've read, Sov can still be won without Dust participation which ,aside from any economic transcations, will be dusts major impact on the game.

So if no one plays Dust large alliances will just have to go the other routes to hold down systems, and if no ones buying the possible items for dust warriors then no one in eve will take the time to produce them.

Its a pretty clever system, if it works it'll be a great step forward for mmo's, if it dosn't there should be little to no impact on everyday EvE life :)

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story