Posted: Aug 26th 2009 2:10PM NeoWolfen said

some definite Chemsitry happening here... so when is the wedding? ;)

Posted: Aug 26th 2009 3:12PM arnavdesai said

No grind leveling.
8 skill system.
Somewhat configurable UI and editable(although it was awesome in its own way)
Keep the awesome art style and vision of the artists.
All classes should be available to all races.
No skill should be class specific (ties into 2 class system)

Coming out asap :)

Posted: Aug 26th 2009 8:22PM Yoh said

I think you two are setting yourself up for disappointment by getting your expectations up so much, esp when there isn't that much detail released as of yet.

Hell, I'm a long to fan of GW, as it was my first love, but some perspective please.

Your talking as if it will revolutionize the industry, and that's just not going to happen.
Will it be good? Yes.
But will it be as good as you expect? Not likely.

I'd rather be cautious and wait for further details. Because by not expecting much, I open myself up to being pleasantly surprised, rather then disappointed.

Just my take on it.
Don't over hype it.
(or anything for that matter)

~Yoh

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 10:18AM (Unverified) said

Hey, used to listen to GuildCast, and was pretty sad when it ended, and I was just looking for information about GW2 and found this, great show. I had 'quit' Guild Wars, like WoW, WAR and LotRO (lotro being my favorite of those three) but couldn't resist jumping back into GW after seeing the trailer. Currently I am grinding the last 19k or so of my Sunspear points to get Grand Spearmarshal.

From the other MMOs I've played, I'd really like to see a proper journal system introduced, like what was in WAR, and LotRO aswell. Apart from that I think you've got all the bases covered. Maybe Guilds could be expanded on, but I'm not sure how.

Anyway, loved GuildCast, loved this show, and I'll be tuning in in the future.

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 7:18PM (Unverified) said

Shawn and Rubi, your enthusiasm for GW2 is contagious. Great podcast. I am trying to keep my preconceived notions about the game to a minimum (to avoid disappointment when things don't end up being exactly as I envisioned). For me, story is the main thing, so if the story line is strong and compelling, it will be a great game for me.

Former [GLU], [Rock], and current [DCH] member, Brian

Posted: Aug 29th 2009 7:43AM ashti kankano said

Woot!!! Great show guys! Shawn you need to hire Ruby as your in-house GW specialist. ;-) Only wished there was more info from A-net but the trailer was saweet! Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing more from the both of you.

[IMG]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/AshtiKankano/guildwars2-16.jpg[/IMG]

Charrzooka!!