Posted: Aug 25th 2009 8:22PM (Unverified) said

Is this game worth playing? I'm a fan of warhammer, and EQ. Will I like this?

Posted: Aug 26th 2009 3:47AM (Unverified) said

Well....its free. Give it a try :)

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 7:57AM (Unverified) said

I played for a couple of months earlier this year. It's a fairly standard eastern WoW-type game with the standard 4 classes and a few customization options to them starting at level 20 IIRC.

I gave it up in the end because the items you need for low level crafting were dropped too rarely (IMO), meaning it was really hard to build up the experience to move on to higher level crafting. And the fact that improving items could destroy them, unless of course you shelled out real money to prevent that happening.

It's worth noting that if you're not in the US, you can't play the game on Outspark's servers, but the error messages it gives you are not entirely clear. European players need to play the version hosted on gamigo.de instead, where presumably this offer doesn't apply. My only other comment on the game is that a lot of the quest translations were pretty poor; it seems the translators couldn't quite agree on what they were going to call the different creatures, so sometimes a quest's text calls for you kill something (e.g. "slanderer phinoflies") but when you get to where you're supposed to find them they're actually called something different (e.g. "vandal phinoflies"... can't quite remember what they actually were, but it was something along those lines). I don't know whether this is just on gamigo's servers, or if it applies equally to outspark's, as I don't know who did the translations.

The Daily Grind: Do you suck at MMOs?

Posted on Jul 25th 2014 8:00AM