Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 4:20PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I think the fact that they have to go out of their way to get testers is a bad sign for them. Even bad MMO's have a selective open beta, rarely do they offer to give beta accounts to fileplanet freebie accounts, unless they need intensive stress testing..

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 6:07PM deluxe2000 said

Champions online is free and open to all. Its called 'Open Beta' and most if not all MMOs go thru it.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 6:01PM Aganazer said

This just goes to show you that no matter what a developer does, that people will misconstrue it and complain about it.

If they didn't open it up to anyone people would complain that they are trying to hide something or that it isn't really a 'open' beta at all. Then even if they do open it up to anyone, someone comes along and says they did it because they are desperate for testers.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 7:47PM (Unverified) said

Brown game is brown.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 8:58PM (Unverified) said

why is it everytime i try to download a game thru fileplanet it gives me a list of reasons why i may not be able to, none of which are true. I had gotten a beta key to citiesxl and never even got on thanks to them using fileplanet.

I wonder if i paid for their subscription the download would mysteriously work.

I'll just keep wondering..or not.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 9:04PM (Unverified) said

Most people know that 'Open' means no NDA. If I remember correctly, CO wasn't free to all FP users until late in the week. I also remember FE expanding its closed beta several times due to lack of participation. I'm not saying its a bad game, I'm saying hardly anyone outside of the MMO circle jerk knows about the game. Same goes for CO really.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 9:57PM mmark said

I won't get anywhere near Fileplanet, wish there were other download options.

Posted: Aug 24th 2009 11:29AM mko said

It's available on Mininova.
(since game requires a valid beta key it's legal)