Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:22AM (Unverified) said

While I never liked WoW's end game, the idea of seeing the Azeroth I knew completely changed would be pretty fun. I always enjoyed the Rifts pen and paper game because it had alternate versions of places I knew in real life. I never played Everquest 2 but I did read about the lore to see what happened to the areas I "grew up" in. So I guess it has that kind of pull on me. I quit because Burning Crusade did not interest me. WOTLK did not interest me in the least, with its 50+ only new class and icy landscape. Cataclysm though... I may have to level a Worgan a few months after its release.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 1:14PM tk421242 said

Rifts.... what a wonderful IP that could make an amazing MMO. To be able to roll up a juicer mercenary!

I will not be going back to WOW ever again I think. It sounds like an interesting change to the world, but I am pretty involved in exploring Fallen Earth that I think that will keep me busy for awhile, or at least until I can get into Mortal Online. I spent my 2 years in WOW and pretty much got my fill, gaming for me has never been so much about endgame as gameplay and exploration, so no thanks.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:38AM infinityv said

That would be entirely up to Aion at this point. While I have little drive to return to the World of Warcraft if Aion doesn't pan out as well as I hope it will I will come to Cataclysm and ditch my BE Pally and pick up a new race or at least race/class combo just for shits and giggles. Regardless heres hoping that Aion will continue to be fun and that it will keep our attention for a few years to come.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:39AM (Unverified) said

World Of Warcraft forever, blizzard just made life to much harder for aion and other inc mmo's.

Bizzard did it agian.

Played wow for 4 years, soon 5. And this is what wow need, back to the old world in a new way.

Blizzard respect, you are truley number1, and you've proved, dont mind the blizzard haters, they just dont like the idea that there game still lay on 10K playerbase.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:50AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the grammar and thought process of the typical WOW user. This is the reason I won't be going back.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 10:00AM Holgranth said

No your wrong this is the thought process of your avarage fanboi. I see them in WoW much less than many other games infact.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 10:55AM wjowski said

Which is different from the thought processes of other members of the MMO fandumb only in what game they're playing.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 3:02PM Tristik said

I'm assuming this guy doesn't have english for his first language. The sentences look typically foreign. So give him a break! It amuses me someone would make fun of someone else's grammar without having the common sense to realize not everyone's first language is english.

And I agree with him. Old Azeroth as New Azeroth. The game has been kind of bland for awhile now. Shaking up the old world a lot of old players remember is going to get a lot of their old subscriptions to come back and check it out. Good move for the players, and good move for blizz.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 9:18AM (Unverified) said

I love WoW, and the idea of playing a worgen makes me squeal with the joy of a fangirl! :3

However.....Aion is really freakin amazing, so I might just put WoW on a backburner until Cataclysm releases. Aion ftw!

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:53AM Miffy said

Yup I'll be going back because I love the Warcraft lore.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 1:56PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Which version of the lore is it you like, exactly? Because it seems to change with each expansion to fit the needs of Blizzard's bank account.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 4:32PM (Unverified) said

@Archmage - The part stolen from Games Workshop and Tolkien.

Posted: Aug 24th 2009 11:54AM Crestfallen said

Actually this year's lore seems to be "borrowed" from Aion. The whole cataclysmic sundering of the world thing makes me laugh. I kinda kept expecting to hear how one half of the world was now covered in perpetual darkness and the other bathed in perpetual light... Luckily they already have a goblin model with wings... it'll save their artists so much time.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 9:01AM Mooncalled said

I will not be going back. I enjoyed my time with WoW, but got burned out by the constant grinding with no real story line satisfaction. I'm sure the story line was there, but with the constant grinding it was hard for me to stay with it.

I'm sure Cataclysm will be another quality product from Blizzard, but the next game I buy from them will be Diablo III.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 9:14AM Averice said

Very true. Wrath was more grindy than any other expansion from my experience. I hope they manage to ease it up with Cataclysm. The whole concept of pushing through content as fast as possible so you can hopefully get a special mount and achievement really threw off the raiding scene for me. I hope I can get back into raiding, but that will depend on if Blizzard decides to fix that part of their game or not.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 12:45PM Firebreak said

I feel the same way, I don't really understand how people can continue to play. It just feels like the same thing over and over again. I have asked my friends that still play and they can't even understand what the question means.

So I think I will pass.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 9:08AM (Unverified) said

The only way I'll be going back for this is if SWTOR doesn't pan out, and I won't be going back to WoW in the meantime either. Seems a little pointless when they are going to change so much to make levelling a toon AGAIN a lot more bearable.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 9:13AM Averice said

I quit a couple months ago and wasn't planning on ever going back. It just looked like there wasn't any time being spent on the core problems that the game had. After seeing the Blizzcon info I'm definitely going back though.

In some ways I still hate how unappealing Blizzard has made their game. There's no sense of being a part of something larger anymore when you log in. Paid server change, paid faction change, it doesn't fit.

I don't plan on returning to WoW until Cataclysm is in stores, I'll play Aion until then and depending on how far Aion has come along I'll probably see which is more entertaining before making a choice.

Blizzard finally reworking the hunter resource system, I've loved Worgen forever, rated battlegrounds, and raids that actually make some semblance of sense to me are all what's pulling me back. Wrath raiding scene, especially ulduar etc., lore wise just didn't attract me. CC is fleshing out the WoW I originally played back in Vanilla, the game looks like it's actually going to grow for once. Now I just have a year to decide if I want to reroll Worgen Hunter, or a Worgen Druid to heal bot the gf.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 9:18AM Minofan said

• 1 heart
I must concede it does sound interesting, but I've left it too late to jump in now - once your used to MMOing without death runs, flight paths, XP loss and item degradation there's no way to go back to them.

They'd need an alternative rule-set server (doing away with all the above) to lure me in. ^_^

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 9:28AM (Unverified) said

Forgive me for asking, but what XP loss? I can't think of any mechanism for XP loss in WoW (in fact doing away with XP loss was one of the driving design goals for WoW).

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM