Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 6:40PM SirFenwick said

Well I believe the 360 will get it, maybe not next year but it will. Of course If Microsoft doesn't want to change their attitude I think when it does come out for the 360 you'll only be playing with other 360'ers. Might be a good thing though, why would you want to come in a year late only to be surrounded by high levels and no help? But of course this MMO doesn't seem to have that problem, as it seems now.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 7:00PM TheJackman said

Who cares of this get a 360 version or not.... Is there also still someone out there waiting for Age of Conan 360??! lol

Sorry but I feel like mmo's only can work on PC....

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 7:23PM myr said

Yeah, I don't think there's hardly anyone playing FFXI on the 360. I only knew of one or two when I quit a few months ago.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:11PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Old news is old...

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:19PM Muddleglum said

I don't have a 360, but isn't xbox live P2P? Wow that would suck, you would have to pay 3 companies to play FFXIV. I wonder if they would let xbox users access the game through live for free?

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:47PM (Unverified) said

Well, FFXI only needs a Silver account (no fee) so it is possable, thats probably why MS is being so difficult this time around. SE probably wants XIV to work the same as XI and MS wants mo money (also they probably take issue to cross plat play with the PS3)

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 12:12AM Sam not Spam said

Well, I know SOE has talked about how the process of validating patches and such can be an obstacle, even for them (SCEA won't let them "cheat" and do things like they would on the PC). I'm curious to what these vague "differences" are, though. Policy? Technical? Revenue? No telling. What would be different than FFXI, though? Isn't that on the 360 as well?

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 8:44PM (Unverified) said

Old news indeed. Likely MS wants Square to monetize the patches or reduce their frequency. They really don't like the idea of using Live to deliver content which they don't get a share on.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 12:45AM GRT said

Just to be 'that guy' what Tretton actually said was that the PS3 was going to be the only console to run FF XIV when it launches.

So first of all, it'll be on the PC on Day 1. And second, it's pretty clear it'll end up on the 360 or he would've been much less cagey about claiming the game as an exclusive.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 2:26AM (Unverified) said

"Xbox 360 limitations."

Sorry, I had to say it...

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 2:41AM Kaio said

Its true, its true.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 3:28PM RogueJedi86 said

"But when he stated that it was a PlayStation 3 exclusive, this no doubt withered the hearts of Final Fantasy XI players the world over who play it on the Xbox."

Yeah I don't get that. How can they call it exclusive when it'll also be out on PC at the same time? Does PC not count for exclusivity anymore? "FFXIV is exclusive for PS3, except for also being on the PC, but we're not counting PC."

By that logic, WoW is exclusively on nothing(PC doesn't count). I know it amounts to a semantics debate, but I hate how they seemingly ignore PC as a platform, with few exceptions.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 7:43PM Kaio said

Console exclusive

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 4:25PM (Unverified) said

It's no coincidence that MMO's fail to launch on 360. Champions and Conan to name a couple. In the near future, I expect a console exclusive MMO trend to dumb down what has already been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 8:00PM (Unverified) said

Only things dumbing down MMOs are WoW and casusal gamers. Consoles are just another way to play them.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 9:08PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I wouldn't be surprised to see WoW leaped onto a console near the end of it's PC life. I don't care what Blizzard says. And yes, WoW and casual gamers are destroying the quality in MMO's. In all games really.

The majority of Wii players are casuals, a good portion of 360 owners are casual(its hard to be an avid gamer when there are so few good classic titles for it), and the ps3 price cut may bring an influx of casuals, on top of SOE integrating their future games into ps3. MMO's are on total deadspin right now, with no relief in site.

Posted: Nov 19th 2009 2:07AM (Unverified) said

I would like to know how Square Enix can be the only one to muster a deal with Microsoft in getting their mmos on the Xbox 360 while others have not been so successful with that.

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014