Posted: Aug 21st 2009 5:15PM (Unverified) said

Eeesh.. Good luck with that.

I remember the hell that the EQ dev team went through when they introduced the Luclin models way back when. Talk about nerd rage. I think some folks are still complaining about it.

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 5:40PM (Unverified) said

Am I the only one who thinks Mythic are cheating slightly in those comparison shots I mean the "current" skins look alot better than how they portray it on the website.

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 5:49PM Zontix said

Wait so are they reskinning the character models too? The faces are blurry as hell in the first and incredibly clear in the second.

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 6:02PM (Unverified) said

Furiously plowing ahead on things no one has been asking for, while subscriptions plummet. It's funny how sad it all is.

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 6:06PM dudes said

• Half a heart
Yeah, great.

Hey look, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. W00000000t!!!

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 6:08PM (Unverified) said

They show a screenshot with HiRes and high visual settings versus the total opposite. The new skins looks pretty much the same as the old if they compare the same visual settings. Seems to be a ploy to get people to think they are making the game better when it still fails.

I really wish they would improve the game in other ways that are needed. No reason for me to still have these three R40/RR40+ characters. *sigh*

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 6:10PM kazamxi said

Why do they always feel the need to trick people into playing their game? Don't they have the confidense to create something people might really like? Stop trying to trick people Mythic.

If your confident in your Art Teams work them show the new and old sets using the same settings. Don't cheat and take ultra low quality shots of the old sets and ultra high quality pics of the new sets. People will find out in the end and then you end up with even more bad feelings about you in the community.

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 6:14PM (Unverified) said

Mythic is the punchline of the MMO community now. They won't be around for much longer, though. I give the company 5 months tops.

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 7:37PM TheJackman said

LOL! they already kinda answer to the same boss as Bioware and there are some strong rumors that they have to answer to Bioware for everything now.... So they kinda already are becoming less of EA Mythic and more EA Bioware Mythic.... and maybe soon just EA Bioware :S

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 6:57PM DrewIW said

I'm an unabashed WAR fanboy, but taking the lores shot and comparing it to hi-res shots is just stupid.

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 8:43PM Dblade said

I know this was probably planned content from way back, but I could imagine a lot of WAR players not big on things like reskins over game balance issues. Sometimes it's just griping, and I've done my share, but I think it's best to roll out content like this on the tail end of an update fixing needed issues, than to make it a lightning rod for disaffected players.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2009 4:14PM (Unverified) said

You could argue that graphics and mechanic balance are two completely different departments with different staff. I agree though, they don't need to pour extra resources into the graphics, unless they plan on making everything more appropriately reflective of the lore.

Posted: Aug 28th 2009 2:43PM Xii said

Two things immediately spring to mind:
A) Those all look incredibly ugly. Lets hide everyone's face and make them even more generic!
B) No one cares. Visuals are the least of WARs problems. Even with the sigal system, most people where the same gear anyway.

As someone who's played since launch, I don't know who this is supposed to please other than Mythic's artists. TBH, I kind of thought we were through this useless crap in the last few months -- guess I was wrong.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 1:42AM smackphat said

I call bullshot.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 9:12AM (Unverified) said

Painting a house on fire? has to be something they were working on for a while, just like Lotd.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 2:13PM (Unverified) said

Abandon Ship..... Mayday mayday.... I'm sorry mythic that it had to be like this... I am sorry you pissed everyone in the world off by taking a beautiful IP and crapping all over it with your. We want to to be different, we want to be edgy, we want to be WoW approach with your game. Well first impressions are King and I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say you Blew it...... thanks for nothing

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014