Posted: Aug 20th 2009 1:00PM mode7overworld said

The Guild Wars team keeps coming up with some really gorgeous art.

I'm hoping they make combat a little less tedious for this. My biggest issue with Guild Wars, and what ultimately drove me away, was how pretty much every single PvE encounter was against a large group of enemies, and it would take several minutes to eliminate them all. Doing this over and over and over again was the most mind-numbing gameplay experience in any MMO I've played.

The rest of the game was really great, but spending more than a few minutes on a mission or zone was like beating your head against a wall because of the agonizing pace of combat.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 2:23PM (Unverified) said

omg, it looks wow....... i have no words for how much i want to play this game!

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 2:27PM Marked said

• Half a heart
I'm going to go against popular opinion in this thread. To me the trailer itself honestly looks like someones highschool "end of the semester video project" not the first trailer a commercial company would release for a long awaited sequel. I've no doubt been spoiled by the rendered trailers most companies put out, but to me this GW2 trailer reminds me more of a fan created machinima or a portfolio piece for an individual trying to break into the industry.

Anyway, that said it is nice to see some actual game footage in the last half. Definitely looks like they followed in the footsteps of the first one art-wise.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 3:07PM (Unverified) said

Trailers using fully rendered graphics are worthless -- they tell you nothing about what the game is like. Take WoW's intro trailers for instance -- if you took those to be indicative of gameplay or graphics you'd be deeply disappointed when playing the actual game. I'll take in-game trailers anyday, thanks.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 2:54PM (Unverified) said

The in-game graphics definitely look impressive.

With GW2 and Diablo III, maybe non-subscription, high-quality, western multiplayer games will make a comeback.

I think I'll be buying this, support games that don't use a subscription.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 2:58PM (Unverified) said

Whoa... that was impressive. Even if it was exclusively environment - those were some breathtaking.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 3:09PM Valdur said

What,64 comments already,you 've been having fun while I was at work.That's not fair :(

I peed my pants too,those guys @ ArenaNet knows how to do great concept artwork.I'm really impressed....ok gonna watch it for the fifth time now :)

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 3:19PM Its Utakata stupid said

The big question though: Can you jump?

I suspect with the confirmation back by a thousand posts or so that there an underwater mechanic (potentially meaning having the abilty to move vertically) ...so I guess that's an unqualified yes. :)

I also noted that there maybe a potential for 5 starter zones for the five respective playable races with that trailer. That would be a very big score for me. It would be interesting to see what kind of classes there will be.

...and now for the other question that's nagging me: Where's Gwen? :(

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 3:45PM ZenJitsu said

Look at the guys running and jumping at 2:39, it's positively acrobatic. Top left corner.

As for Gwen, here's hoping she somehow falls into a time wormhole or was magically frozen for us to thaw out a few hundred years later!

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 3:23PM (Unverified) said

GW2 takes place 200 years after the first one..so Gwen is most likely long dead.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 4:43PM (Unverified) said

Very pretty...they waited a bit too long though, after what I witnessed from Blizzard today (which will be shown to the rest of the world tomorrow) …all of this will be pretty much forgotten after that.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 6:17PM engrey said

If it is not the new MMO they are working on I am not interested, D3 I will buy but not SC2.

Also their new expansion is just more of the same with no graphical update, Aion looks 100 times better and even runs better then WoW does on my machine at max settings.

I will continue to boycott the game like the plague until LAN play is added, if it is never added then I will not pick it up.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 6:50PM (Unverified) said

Woa looks great i think a couple of million Guild war fans just peed there pants a bit. I only hope you can jump in game this time lol.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 7:13PM Jesspiper said

I never thought I'd get to say this but: The Holy Grail of Online Games has arrived!

Posted: Aug 21st 2009 9:35AM Alchemda said

Looks graphically impressive, excited. I just hope they dont do the stupid instancing solo world stuff that GW1 had... YAY the cities are an MMO.. but ohh wait venture in the world alone.. and your literally all alone unless you zone into it with a party, yippie.

Hopefully its going to be a "true" persistent world like WOW, EQ2, LOTRO.

Posted: Aug 25th 2009 10:38PM (Unverified) said

Using WoW as a qualifier for "persistent world" is a bit misleading, even it is just a big lobby with some quests that equip you to go do a bunch of singular instances in the end. Eve, Planetside, and Darkfall are more appropriate for the "persistent world" tag. Especially Eve.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 9:53PM cray said

I really don't know what to say...except that this trailer has exceeded my expectations by 10 fold.

I like the familiarity, yet this seems so vastly different than GUILD WARS.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 10:36PM Lateris said

I am in. I always loved GW,

Posted: Aug 25th 2009 10:40PM (Unverified) said

It's interesting. If the game mechanics shed all the dot/hot buffing/debuffing mechanics that were at the core of the original GW, I might try it. I am however glad to see that something new is coming that isn't purely instanced, other than Aion of course.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2009 8:17AM (Unverified) said

very pretty indeed...but

no info - no ingame footage to speak of

its abit like getting emotional over a girl you have never met

but i sure hope she is hot when i meet her

hehe