Posted: Aug 20th 2009 12:20PM engrey said

Haha I love those stories, finding out that your comp should have not been able run anything but proving them wrong.

I am just tired of MMO compines (BioWare/Blizzard) that want to appeal to as many computers as possible.

Games should progress grapghical wise always, not go backwards. Look at Aion, it looks better then WoW and runs better then WoW. I get 50+ more frames in Aion then compared to WoW with all maxed out settings. I have a GTX 260 so frame rates are not an issue.

Games should be for gamers not every day Joes that play bejeweled and solitaire.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 2:59PM (Unverified) said

Not everyone can afford to buy a new gaming PC every 2 years, so developers that purposely design games that will only run well on cutting edge PCs are shooting themselves in the foot (I'm looking at you Age of Conan).

However, your example of Aion is an excellent one -- Aion both looks great and runs well on my 4 year old XPS, and is exactly the sort of effort most new games should be making. Do your best to move gaming graphics forward while still optimizing your engine to make the most of the resources available.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 9:30AM Tom in VA said

I just wanted to add that the trailer looks absolutely awesome. From what I can glean from the new GW2 website, this game won't release till early/mid 2010.

So, if you haven't played GW1, I highly recommend you play this game. Look upon it as a "single-player RPG with a lot of other people in there with you". (That's how I look at most MMOs anyway.) It is the option to group occasionally that I appreciate in MMOs, not the *requirement* and the writing, story, and graphics in GW1 are really just wonderful.

Plus, you'll get some history and background for GW2.

GW1 was and is a very fun game to play.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 9:50AM Wisdomandlore said

In an interview with IGN, ArenaNet Co-founder Eric Flannum says the world will be persistent, but with instanced missions:

"The basic structure of the game is very different from what players saw in Guild Wars. While we will still make use of instancing (e.g. for quests and dungeons) players will find Guild Wars 2 to be a large open and persistent world where they can meet up with old friends or make new ones while out adventuring."

link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/101/1015971p1.html

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 10:08AM Macabre 13 said

That was abso-freakin'-lutely gorgeous.

I still can't believe how talented their artists are.

GW2 will be worth the wait, no doubt in my mind.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 10:26AM (Unverified) said

*fans self*

And THAT is how you do a trailer. I have waited so long for this and it has managed to surpass this gamer's imagination. I thought I'd moved on, but it seems I'll be merely dabbling in other games until this comes out.

...maybe I'll revisit the ol' Eye of the North a few times while I wait, after all.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 10:31AM (Unverified) said

I peed my pants. Then I walked into my bedroom, opened my chest of drawers, and peed all my other pants as well.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 10:43AM (Unverified) said

I want to make love to that statement. And have a fling with this trailer.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 10:43AM (Unverified) said

I'm so fucking excited about this. Guild Wars was one of the best games ever and from what little information they've given us it looks like Guild Wars 2 will take all the good from Guild Wars, make it better, and add some more goodness. Combine that with the amazing graphics showed. This can't possibly fail.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 10:54AM TheJackman said

• Half a heart
first 2.15m are just some weird art work thing and AGAIN with the dragons I am so sick to hear about dragons! Later we see some random locations and my fear when I see the toon models and weird ports in some of that clip is that they again will go With Instant zones and city hop and only 6+ sets of armor for every class so that all every one looks the same in end game.... The trailer show clues that they will fall in the same mistakes they did making the first part. Also I am really disappointed there was noting but Eye candy in this trailer noting on things that are new in this game or added..... Why is this guild wars 2 the trailer make it look like noting more them a other addon pack.... Sorry I know I bust the hype by the balls but after 2 years this is really disappointed...

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 11:00AM Mr Angry said

• 1 heart
I know this looks good, but A LOT of this stuff is quite old and was demo'ed a long time ago, I was looking for some new footage. I think Beckett's MMO magazine had an article on this ages ago that featured the concept art shown in the trailer.

So while it looks nice, I'm not sure there is a whole lot to be excited about, given the apparently slow progress here.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 11:35AM (Unverified) said

Who cares if the concept art has been shown before? Half of the trailer was in-game footage, which hasn't been seen until now.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 11:06AM Arkanaloth said

So that makes 3 collectors editions I have to buy now...

Final Fantasy XIV
Diablo III
GuildWars2

I will be.. so... f'ing... poor. (and happy!!)

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 11:51AM (Unverified) said

Move over other mmos, Guild Wars 2 is here! This is going to be huge!

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 11:54AM arnavdesai said

@Shawn- How about a pure speculation article on the way this game will turn out(gameplay wise) based on the info released so far.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 12:24PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, it's the first trailer to a game that people have been waiting years for. There's going to be masses of hyperbole and hysteria about it.

Me personally.. well, the trailer looks undoubtedly awesome and I'm really excited to see it, but meh, I was willing to give ArenaNet my money for a full sequel right from the day they announced there would be one so no change there! :)

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 12:42PM Saker said

Trailers pretty much always look good, I would like to see some actual demo footage on a non-super-uber-system. Like to see what actual regular people playing will see. Like some real info. Not saying it doesn't look good, but there have been -endless- disappointments in this gaming genre before, I won't get worked up about anything till I see the real goods. (I've got to point out, cuz no one else seems to have said anything commenting on this, what's with the Borg cubes?! :) First MMO tie-in between games, guest appearance by STO?)

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 1:02PM (Unverified) said

I'm almost positive it's Asuran technology. It looks a lot like the architecture in Rata Sum seen here: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rata_Sum

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 12:42PM Nadril said

Color me impressed. It looks like the future of MMOs is bright.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 12:43PM (Unverified) said

Did anyone else feel like this was a big "F*** YOU" from Arenanet to everyone claiming GW2 is vaporware? I mean, we went from having basically nothing to go on for 2 years to a trailer featuring not just beautiful concept art but in-game footage. The only way it could've been better is if they'd shown how the UI and combat looks.

This game has me more pumped than any game in years.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM