Posted: Aug 19th 2009 9:03AM (Unverified) said

bleh, i was hoping that this game would be like the KOTOR series and have you start as a normal person who is force sensitive. If you can pick jedi/sith from the get go who is going to bother with anything else?

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 9:08AM HackJack said

I will. Not everyone wants to play the ez mode, you know (even if it's highly probable classes will be balanced - at least ideally)!

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 9:58AM (Unverified) said

Who did you want to be more when you were a kid, Luke Skywalker or Han Solo?

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:00AM TheJackman said

Hackjack sadly you wrong there will be a overflow on jedi/sith on the server... like one other starwars mmo did show before.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:05AM Firebreak said

Me and my friends were talking a little while back about which classed we were longing forward to and no one said Jedi or Sith. There was a lot of Bounty Hunter and Trooper talk and more then a far amount of wild speculation of what other classes there will be. I still say Diplomat.

I am sure there will be plenty of force being thrown around but I hardly think that the Jedi will be in combat alone.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 9:51AM Miffy said

• Half a heart
I think all they have to do is make Smuggler and Trooper and anyother classes that arn't Bounter Hunter, Sith or Jedi is make them overpowered so people play them lol.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:00AM (Unverified) said

Your grammar and spelling makes the Force cry.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:01AM TheJackman said

Yoda's grammar is the best right ;)

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:13AM (Unverified) said

By holding out w/ the last two classes, I'm realy hoping they are truely SW iconic. The longer they hold out, the higher the expectations will go by people.

Anyway, the Sith sounds interesting.

Also - I don't plan to play a Jedi/Sith initially. I'm a huge SW fan, but I'm really interested in the trooper and smuggler right now.

Eventually, yes, I'll play every class. Twice probably. Maybe three times.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:12AM (Unverified) said

I think a lot of people might start as Jedi/Sith, just to mess around with it, then switch over to something else when they have problems getting groups, getting in guilds, etc. Nothing more annoying than "Sorry, we don't need ." over and over.

I, for one, will be going bounty hunter.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:13AM (Unverified) said

That should say "Sorry, we don't need < insert class >." Oops.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:30AM Tom in VA said

Believe it or not, Krunomo, a lot of people (like me) prefer to try out the less popular classes and combinations (just ask my dwarf rogue in WoW...). Yes, the Sith sounds fun, but so do all the classes.

I'll wait till I hear what they all are first, but of the ones announced thus far, it's pretty much a toss-up for me. There is certainly no "front-runner" for me, not yet.

If the class/quest experiences truly are unique and the game is as solo friendly as I hope it will be, having more players of a particular class (like Sith) won't matter anyway, even if it does turn out that way. It'll be like having eight completely different game experiences to play though. I can hardly wait.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:32AM Tom in VA said

... to play THROUGH that is.

Massively, add a "post edit" feature, please.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:41AM Interitus said

You know SOE got a lot of flack for the NGE. For making "Iconic" roles. TOR seems to be made of nothing but "Iconic" roles. The common element in all of this, LA. Who should we blame for the NGE, and how much say does LA have on TOR? In all likeliness ... too much

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 2:00AM fatpanda said

they got flak because they dumbed down the game by completely changing it, taking out ton of classes etc. Plus they made a few "iconic" classes" If ALL classes are iconic then it works IMO.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:51AM Synthetic said

I'm usually in the same camp as Tom in that I don't like to be the most common class or race in a game. However, I can't really see myself enjoying ToR unless I'm wearing Sith robes.

I'm never willing to sacrifice my enjoyment of a video game - why play if you're not having fun, right?

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 1:32PM (Unverified) said

I have yet to find an MMO that will keep me interested for more than a few hours. I have really high hopes for Bioware and this game.

I'm no Star Wars fanatic but I think all the classes so far sound interesting, and I will probably dabble in all of them before I settle on a class for serious game play.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 1:43PM RogueJedi86 said

Sith Warrior sounded like WoW's Rogue from the E3 demo, but now it sounds more like WoW's Warrior class. Being able to specialize between taking out a single strong boss or multiple weak ones? Sounds like Tanking and DPS talent specs, though I'm hoping they won't be identical to WoW's talent system(more like KotOR's Feats would be nice).

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 2:01PM Slayer said

So wait? Are they implying that Sith are going to be tanks and Jedi are going to be rogues? Or maybe even a healing class?

Are we all going to be grouping and doing dungeons together? Cause this sounds lame.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 4:39PM Dblade said

I think it's more that Sith are DD, but whether they are focused heavy damage or a more general damage/deflection combo is up to the player. I'm not sure if tanking will even exist, and we have no idea how healing will work-they didn't mention it for the sith, and I can't see bounty hunter doing it with abilities.

It is odd, the archetype seems way too limited if TOR is small group or solo friendly.

Why I Play: ArcheAge