Posted: Aug 19th 2009 7:05PM Miffy said

I didn't like Fallen earth cause it felt very dated. Been in beta for months now but the combat is crap and the world feels like it was made in the 90's and the character models and animations are poor. I played the tutorial and theres this Quad Bike stage and that feels so bad. I dunno the whole game just feels 10 years old.

Thing is though I remember it being in development since 2003/2004 and thats way before Fallout 3 was announced.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 12:49AM (Unverified) said

What time in the podcast do they talk about guild wars 2?

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 3:58AM (Unverified) said

8.55

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 4:20AM (Unverified) said

I love fallen earth and have been happily in the beta for... god knows how long. Sure the graphics are a little on the dated side but the crafting, combat and background story more then make up for it and hey it cant always be about the bling.

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 1:13PM (Unverified) said

I feel like developers have been sacrificing game-play to make room for shiny, bloom, as realistic as possible graphics. This has lead to a flux of good looking, terrible games. I don't think the graphics are bad by any stretch in Fallen Earth, but it's apparent that their focus is on game-play and I think they nailed it.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 11:09PM (Unverified) said

Great show guys. Always a fan and I like your balanced views of games despite bugs. Bugs can be fixed. Communities seem to be very polarized in their views of Champions Online.

Posted: Aug 27th 2009 1:09PM (Unverified) said

I've had the same experience with Fallen Earth. I was in the alpha, and the performance was terrible, but I could see a lot of exciting potential. I really enjoyed the crafting, but the combat felt broken. I quit playing, for a while, but got back into it a couple weeks ago. Wow! This game is going to be great. The atmosphere, and game-play are amazing. It feels a lot like old SWG meets Hellgate: London, but combines a lot of unique elements to leveling, gathering, crafting, and questing that make it something completely new.

Posted: Sep 7th 2009 6:54PM (Unverified) said

Refreshing! I've played WOW (since it was launched and other mmos like LOTRO, Runes of Magic, DOAC, and several other free and pay mmos and FE feels like a breath of fresh air. Graphics and gameplay are very fitting for the post apocalyptic feel. Crafting is done in real time so you can queue up a bunch of stuff and go do other stuff or even log out and crafting will continue. Ranged combat can be done while mounted and your mount can also be killed or destroyed from under you. Drops are not armor or completed items but rather scraps and parts that can be used to barter or craft other items. This makes the crafted items of great value and worthwhile to make (95% of the items can be crafted). Icarus Studies is doing a great job with customer support and fixing bugs and expanding the game.....similar to the great job that Turbine has done with LOTRO. I can't wait until the 9th when the game goes live for those who pre-ordered. Welcome to the Apocalypse!