Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:09AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
We have tons of information over at FFXIVCore.com that hasn't been mentioned here. I've emailed Massively and I hope they'll update with the information we have too :D

Our website is http://www.ffxivcore.com - reporting live from Gamescom.

Best regards,

John/Zyuu

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 12:36PM myr said

Shameless plug much? I swear, Curse is trying to take over the world.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:16AM Miffy said

• Half a heart
Hate the character design it's too Asian emo still. Do what EQ2 done and put in Western models and Japanese models.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:23AM Cendres said

No way Eq2 models are horrid, that's why they attempted to make Asian flavored ones as the old ones wouldn't fly in the East, and those still need remodeling....

My opinion of course. :p

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:34AM Rocky said

• 1 heart
He didn't mean USE the EQ2 models. He just said give us a choice. You hate choice?

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:41AM Cendres said

I don't hate choice, however there's just no need for them in this case. And in Eq2's case there would not have been any need either if the character models had been better crafted to begin with.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:46AM (Unverified) said

Oh please no. The models are perfect! Play EQ2 if you like it so much, don't ruin our models!

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 12:25PM (Unverified) said

He's not saying get rid of the models, he's saying give people a choice. You like the models, he doesn't. Just because you like them doesn't mean they're good for everyone. Stunning revelation, I know.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 4:39PM wjowski said

Unfortunately for EQ2, both models sucked.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:21AM Arkanaloth said

wow.. gameplay footage already!!! and OMG it's stunning, my WoW account is living on borrowed time.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:21AM Cendres said

• 1 heart
Stunning!!!

Really that's all I got XD

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:29AM phobic99 said

Graphically it looks good but I'm really getting sick of high fantasy MMOs I think. Nevertheless I'm still curious to see more of this game.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 1:51PM Snow Leopard said

• 1 heart
I’m not really tired of high fantasy, but the Final Fantasy IP just strikes me as ridiculous and a little immature, having steadily descended into a teen pop anime since its heyday with FF7. Only square would waste gorgeously amazing graphics on a bunch of teletubbies and cat ladies fighting dodos. There was just too much of this “cuteness” involved in the last game and there just hasn’t been enough to show me that the next game is going to be much different.

These graphics are amazing, but all those memories of fighting bumblebees and teapots against irritatingly bad music are still to firmly lodged in my brain for me to get excited over this project. I’m looking forward to the new standard this sets for graphics in mmo’s and what other IP’s developers will apply it to.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:30AM Macabre 13 said

• 1 heart
The title should've read:

"Final Fantasy XIV grind and emo footage"

... and I now brace for the fanboi barrage of downvotes and nerdrage...

Seriously though, I've been a fan of FF since their very first, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one (though I hated IX). Looks very purrtty so far, though I hope there's more to it than that... but if nothing else, I sure hope they do something about that horrendous clipping! Oh, gawd... *hurl*

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 2:31PM Macabre 13 said

• 1 heart
Whoa, I think I just pulled a "Pachter"!

Nice...

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 3:05PM (Unverified) said

You've played all of the old school FFs, yet you hated IX? Does not compute.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 3:26PM Macabre 13 said

Are you implying that FF IX was so similar to all the previous iterations that there was no reason for me to think any different of it?

Are we sure we're talking about the same game here?

Other than that certain Squeenix art style akin to the more recent FF's, your comment somewhat baffles me...

But in regards to my frst comment, I was totally just poking fun, but the "Pachter" in me knew it would be taken seriously... fanbois are just so predictable :P

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 3:46PM myr said

FFIX was as similar to the older (SNES) games as you could get in the PS1 era, particularly VI. Excellent story, simple and not overcomplicated leveling system, cartoony graphics. Although it isn't everyone's favorite, I liked it a lot. Hating 9 and liking the oldschool games doesn't make much sense to me either.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 5:47PM Macabre 13 said

Wow, I'm epic fail.

I just realized I've been saying FF IX when I meant to say FF XI.

Good God, now I see why my statements seem so obscure, lol. I loved IX, hated XI.

Man, I'm just gonna go hide under a rock now... don't mind me, carry on, nothing to see here folks...

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:43AM Synthetic said

The gameplay footage certainly looks better than I expected and I'm glad to see a more standard UI.

It's still a bit difficult for me to accept this as a their next MMO and not look at it as a direct sequel, which is actually something that takes a great deal of excitement away from the whole thing.

"No, no, no. You have it all wrong. It's not FFXI-2. It's a whole new game: FFXIV. See? Everything has a different name than in our previous MMO. They're two entirely seperate games. Completely new names."

Hopefully we see footage of characters being able to jump soon and other things to increase my hyped levels for FFXIV.

Can we get a new race, Squeenix?

Make My MMO: July 6 - July 12, 2014