Posted: Aug 19th 2009 5:29PM JohnD212 said

Tried to run it twice on my system and both times my virus detector told me it found a trojan in the program. I don't believe there was one but I'm also not going to spend hours figuring out how to make the game run. If you google virus trojan and SPellborn you'll see how common this problem is....and now it looks like they won't be fixing that problem since there are no more patches and no more updates (that came from an email I got today from the game).

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 5:34PM (Unverified) said

I enjoyed my time in Spellborn. The combat is a nice change of pace and I found the skill deck to be fun. For free, it's definitely worth a look.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 5:37PM (Unverified) said

Just as a heads up, this game uses gameguard. For those that despise it. Now you are warned.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 5:58PM (Unverified) said

The use of gameguard is what completely turned me off on spellborn. I was looking forward to the game then ran into game guard issues installing it so i gave up on it.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 6:17PM (Unverified) said

: )

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 6:30PM (Unverified) said

Failed MMO devlopers need to read this insightful editorial by Tycho of Penny Arcade ( http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/01/28/ ) Yes he is speaking about DDO stormreach, but you can really insert every MMO that has come down the track since WoW. Folks want to play WoW and not for good reasons.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 6:48PM Wensbane said

I predicted this would happen the very moment they announced the deal with Acclaim. A shame, really.

Rest in peace Spellborn. Rest in peace...

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:43PM heartlessgamer said

The thing that annoyed me was that the tutorial never explained how to use the damn combat roll thingy.

Posted: Aug 20th 2009 12:25AM hami83 said

Seems like a good game. i'll admit my level isn't very high, but I wish they could explain the skill trees better, and stats... I was a little lost for a while what affected what and where you get what.