Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:20AM Tom in VA said

Very nice writeup. :-)

The graphics in LotRO are also very VERY nice, I always thought.

All of my toons are on Brandywine -- and unguilded. Hmmm.... More articles on this and I might have to resubscribe.

Go, Gibbi!

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:24AM GenericPerson said

Must say I'm having fun. I haven't really met up to quest with anyone yet, but I do enjoy the casual chat within the kinship. I look forward to continuing the journey with everyone, and having the readers guide the journey gives me something I generally lack in life... direction.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 10:43AM Tanek said

Out of all the pictures, it had to be the one when I turned around. >.<

(Maybe I was subconsciously trying to hide my pie gut. ;) )

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 9:25PM (Unverified) said

What is that cloak you're wearing?

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:23AM (Unverified) said

i'd go with finishing the book, just because getting to Rivendell as a player in his teens, even if there were 15 of us, is near impossible until level 30. plus, once we're there, there's nothing to do! everythings way too high.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:36AM (Unverified) said

Definitely Book 1. Like Limewood said, nothing to do in Rivendell yet, although if you made the run at night and it was the entire kin, that could be interesting... Trolls and bears would eat you guys up.
Men of Bree aquaintance is easy now that most quests give rep points, so not much of a challenge there.

great post!

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 1:51PM Snorii said

My kinship made a Rivendell run very early on and we had a lot of fun, but I voted to finish up Book 1. I still have a great time taking lower level characters through the last chapter.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 2:23PM RogueJedi86 said

I vote run to Rivendell. There may be nothing to do there at a low level, but it's the journey, not the destination! Plus it evokes the Gnome Hogger runs in WoW. Low level adventurers running to distant lands through places far too dangerous for folk of their caliber. Plus it'd make for some very pretty views of Bree-lands, Lonelands, and the Trollshaws.

I tried such a run at around level 19 or 20, I never made it past the river/mountain pass in eastern Trollshaws, even with a Hunter helping me. I'd like to see how y'all fare. :)

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 2:55PM Tanek said

My first character was a Burglar and I thought it would be a good idea to sneak to Rivendell around level 15. Between getting lost going up the mountain, being near frightened to death every time a bear turned around, and having nightmares involving stealthed lynxes, it was probably the most torturous four hours I have ever spent in the game.

I made it to Rivendell, though, and *that* moment was probably one of the best I've had. Does it balance out? Not sure, but I still get a shiver every time I sense a stealthed creature along that path.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 7:57PM (Unverified) said

A run to Rivendell would be suicide at their level. They'd get into the Trollshaws and if caught there at night they would have to deal with patrolling trolls on the road and once they crossed the river they'd be "lunch on the hoof" to the mobs on the way to the Gates of Imladris. ... Heck, I want in-game footage of that!

Posted: Aug 26th 2009 6:04PM (Unverified) said

A run to Rivendell only if done as chickens.